This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drained 100 to 80 percent in two hours (no used)!

DoomsDay
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 2 Phone
Firmware Version: 10
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
I have a issue with my asus rog 2 phone, I bougth that phone seven months ago and I noticed that the battery durations is less each day. Today I charged my phone up to 100% and two hours later (no used) the battery is at 87%. What is the cause?.
44 REPLIES 44

DoomsDay
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/128848#Comment_128848

Thanks, back to the drawing board.

Edit:// Did you say you did battery calibration too?

View post
Yes I did, a month ago.

DoomsDay
Star II
squall0833

one quick question.....

How long does it take to charge your rog phone 2 from 1% to 100% with 30w charger?

from what Ive seen on internet, average of new rog 2 phones charges from 1-100% in about 1hour 40min (30w charger)

but it took only 50mins for me to charge from 1-100%....

also it lasts unusual long when playing a youtube video continuously (1 hour 20min+) when indicator at 1% before it shuts off

and during charging battery, if i keep charger plugged after it hits 100% for another 50mins, then unplugged it, that 100% lasts longer by same, playing a youtube video and it stays at 100% for more than 20min before it starts to drop to 99%

then 99-80% drain pretty fast, then drains seems reasonable from 80 to 1

battery calibrate doesnt seem help, no difference at all,

I feel like my battery has degraded (20% lesser capacity) in less than a year, I have been taking care of it since new until today, no charging during gaming, keep battery temperature below 37c, keep phone temperature below 41c during gaming. charge battery only between range 30-80%, and my battery still degraded at abnormal speed in less than a year

View post
This is exactly the same issue with my rog phone 2

johansyren
Star II
If you want a better battery, i would advice to downgrade to A9 since i am currently on A9 and i see a drastic change in battery usage. Lasts easily 15+ hours of youtube and 20+ hours of Screen Off Time.

DoomsDay
Star II
johansyren

If you want a better battery, i would advice to downgrade to A9 since i am currently on A9 and i see a drastic change in battery usage. Lasts easily 15+ hours of youtube and 20+ hours of Screen Off Time.

View post
I did it but I don´t see any change or is a little better :(.
What version do you have on your asus rog phone 2?.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
DoomsDay

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/132044#Comment_132044

I did it but I don´t see any change or is a little better :(.

What version do you have on your asus rog phone 2?.

View post
It's probably best to visit service centre if downgrading to A9 didn't improve anything.