cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues that needs fix

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
1. Auto rotation sometimes doesn't work
2. Front camera opens directly when you get video call becomes an issue if in pocket
3. when in call you cannot go to any other screen. screen stays locked on call screen. 
4. Auto brightness sometimes doesn't work
5. Free ram is around 1gb which does not look good i have honor 10 with 6gb ram and always get 2.5gb free ram. i don't think optiflex is problem because i already have it off.
6. Low light camera is not up to the mark when compared with other camera with same specs
7 Slow motion 480fps looks below average and are we getting 960fps considering the chip it has. 
8. Struggles with with focus when taking macro shots whereas other phones with same lens can handle it much better. 
9. There is no option to have multiple users profile. 
10. Option to change clock position. 
11. Battery life could be better its great though. 
12. Camera gets foggy sometimes automatically due to moisture i guess and it happens from inside the lens. 

these are few i experienced others can add if any so that asus can fix them. Ear piece lil better now but not sure if it will be updated any further. 
51 REPLIES 51

_jis_
Zen Master III
Thanks for the response. Really appreciated. Please find further comments.
1. Sorted
2. In whatsapp this has happened many times and my only concern is this will affect camera module if kept on flat surface. Request you to fwd the concern further.
3. Yes before answering the call. I know its by default PIE behavior but can we make it work given sometimes you don't want to pick the call but still need access to other apps. You know there are times 😛
4. Sorted
5. Looks ok now.
6. Oneplus 7 is the main contender for Asus 6Z. i know software implementation is different on both but i feel 6z could do much better.
7. Sorted. 960FPS should be provided looking at the capability of Processor.
8. Ok but macro means i should able to get closer although its not a macro lens but i am able to do much better with my other phone. If i am going to keep at a distance i will miss on details and zoom doesn't help either. I just hope you get some optimization done so its able to focus with best of its capability.
9. This is a default feature since marshmallow i guess. Please get it back.
10. ok
11. Hope it gets with software update.
12. Although i missed taking photo of the same but here is the video from youtube  reporting the same. It goes away after 10mins but it will ruin the video experience.
https://youtu.be/o9LXTaFs300
13. Can we have Level 3 support for Camera2API?
14. Earpiece is better now not the best. Is it going to get better?
15.  Animation issue in file manager.
https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/editor/fd/vmgllj31cevb.jpg
16. Screen flickering issue experience last night. I tried recording it but it did not captured flickering.
Thanks again for the response its a great phone and we want it to be the best in its segment.
  1. I don't use auto-rotation at all, it just annoys me when I don't need it and it pop up just because I tilted my phone a bit. I enthusiastically use great Pie feature: When you change the orientation of your mobile phone portrait <> landscape you will see another navigation button to rotate and lock the screen. And I've never had a problem with this, it's a brilliant feature.
  2. It has never happened to me. I switch to video calls only when I already work with my phone. My communication never starts with a video call right off and in my pocket. I'll test it.
  3. It never happened to me because I use Google Dialer, which I am used to from pure Android. I'll try the ASUS one, but I haven't gotten to it yet.
  4. It works absolutely smoothly. Maybe you don't understand how adaptive brightness functionality had changed in Pie to Oreo. You have to tune it for better results over time. It takes a week or two.
  5. On the contrary, your previous device used free memory badly.
  6. They just bettered it in the WW_16.1220.1906.167_0 or you can try night shots with manual mode and tripod.
  7. Yeah, I read about fuzzy 480fps, but haven't tried it yet. There has been a promise of improvements from ASUS in future releases for some time now.
  8. ZF6 cannot focus very close and SW will not improve it. Macro must be done using the zoom.
  9. I haven't had it on my previous 3 devices, so I don't miss it either. There are TwinApps and AppLock for demanding users.
  10. Moving clock from right to left is a matter of Google decision for stock Pie, ASUS has nothing to do with it.
  11. I'm totally excited about the battery, I reach deep sleep > 90%, despite that with the same apps on my previous Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android One, I was happy to reach 70%. Maybe something is eating your battery.
  12. It has never happened to me, nor have I read about it anywhere else. Are you from India?
  13. I have no idea if any 3rd party application can take advantage of it. Do you know any?
  14. I have no problem with the earpiece.
  15. I never notice it.
  16. Even at the lowest brightness, my screen backlight never flicker.
    I'm very happy with the screen.

kooldude7285
Rising Star II
If anyone gets dust inside their camera, please send me some pictures. I'm not worried about fog but dust shouldn't be able to get in.
here is the photos with the fog... @Anders_ASUS.. please advise now
dvkxb3vpi3gf.jpgx0cconi59kr9.jpgog5zpbjuegzg.jpg
9phwuuxrdqje.jpg8y31l8lt526t.jpg

ColorSage
Zen Master I
No fog for me, everything's clear. About accubattery - it's not precise.

_jis_
Zen Master III
ColorSage said:
About accubattery - it's not precise.
Source for this? Or it is just your personal opinion?
AccuBattery is as precise as precise is battery charge controller in your phone, period.
If you want take an as accurate as possible snapshot of the battery health do this:
https://accubattery.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213575425-How-to-manually-benchmark-your-battery-h...

ColorSage
Zen Master I
_jis_ said:
ColorSage said:
About accubattery - it's not precise.
Source for this? Or it is just your personal opinion?
AccuBattery is as precise as precise is battery charge controller in your phone, period.
If you want take an as accurate as possible snapshot of the battery health do this:
https://accubattery.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213575425-How-to-manually-benchmark-your-battery-h...
...which is not that precise. On my previous phone every charge 0-100 showed different result with ~10% variation. Same as Ampere. I've never seen result that show reaching 100% capacity. It's only an aproximation and even different chargers can make a difference