This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 3 Overheating on first boot and faulty case Covering exhaust vent on back of phone.

Devish
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: 8/128 gb Rog phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

8 REPLIES 8

devicentextian
Rising Star II
Devish

Hot as in uncomfortable to hold genie app shows temp as 43 to 48 degree that too without x mode and no gaming. This is not suitable for phone which came out of box 20 min ago.

View post
43 to 48 is that the cpu temp not the system temperature? if yes it's not a problem cause that is my cpu and gpu temp while idle or browsing in web.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Devish

Even while browsing playstore it gets hot. But more during app installation. I think its due to vent blocked by the rog back case in box.

View post
lmao.
its just a hole where it can push air through with the active cooler that basicially does nothing in the first place. Covering it makes no difference.

@devicentextian
the temp is basicially system temp. Under gaming CPU temps are usually around 60-70c on load which is quite low compared to other smartphones out there that easily hit 90+c.

Devish
Star II
Another thing about pixelation on screen on YouTube on darker objects. lot of pixelation example in Avengers endgame Black and white trailer. On web they are calling it Black crush and it has been fixed in an update .78 I have .99 latest update still facing issue. So guys is it fixed or not??

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Devish,
Kindly visit the nearest service center:
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india
You will get a back case where the vents aren't covered. Let me know if any issues.