This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Battery stops charging at lower and lower percentages (UX330U Zenbook)

vickynessz
Star I
Hi - this problem began a month ago. My laptop would be fully plugged in and charging/resting, but the battery would say it's only at 84%. Every day, the max percentage would go down. Now, it's perpetually plugged in and perpetually at 12%, and I'm beginning to really feel the lag/slowness in loading, scrolling, sending messages, etc.
I've troubleshooted tech problems on my own in the past, generally by relying on Google, but this is the first time that I literally could not find any other info whatsoever about my predicament. I'm a student taking classes online and I need my laptop pretty much all of my waking hours, so you can imagine how worried I am for when that percentage inevitably gets to 0%.
I've had this laptop for almost three years, and one thing of note that I can think of is that a year ago, I spilled ramen soup on some of the keys (and some might have gotten into that vent-looking area between where the laptop folds). But at the time I immediately turned my laptop off and did my best to clean/dry everything, and it's been alright since.
Do you think soup is the culprit? Are my laptop batteries dying somehow? I'm worried this isn't a glitch or bug I can easily fix, and I might actually have to get it sent in to be fixed - this would be terrible news as in these quarantined times I literally can't survive a day without my laptop (I need it for both school and work, every day).
Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!
Edit: I just downloaded something called BatteryInfoView. As you can see, the current full capacity is "listed" as being 31.7% of the original (already very low), but the current capacity value only charges up till 11.6% maximum (this is after leaving my laptop sitting there for an hour with no major applications running). Why is the capacity falling so fast??
battery-png.png

7 REPLIES 7

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
vickynessz

But what do you suspect could be the reason? Can you list a couple of the most likely causes, just so I can research the topics a bit more before a make a decision to take my laptop in to get fixed? Please understand it would be a huge inconvenience for me to part with my laptop for 2+ weeks, as both my school and work is done through it, not to mention the monetary costs.

View post
i suspect battery current charging capacity too low, so i would recommend you to change old battery to new battery from asus service center.
Also i might have suspect the power settings in windows os, change the power plan to balanced and enable battery saver

vickynessz
Star I
But normally when battery charging capacity is low, does the battery not still charge to 100%? (Just the 100% is less effective?)
The power plan is on balanced already and battery saver is also on.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
vickynessz

But normally when battery charging capacity is low, does the battery not still charge to 100%? (Just the 100% is less effective?)

The power plan is on balanced already and battery saver is also on.

View post
your laptop battery designed capacity has totally reduced to 18064 from 57057 .
now if battery charges to 100% means it completes to 18064 , not 57057.
100% = 18064
50% = 9032
25% = 4516
10% = 1806.4
5% = 903.2
so i recommend you change the battery soon , say within end of this month