Star I
System: Windows 10 Home, BIOS 302
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zen 13 UX325JA (AH040T)
Frequency of occurrence: every time using webcam
Screenshot or video: in attachment
========================
Detailed description:
I have a problems that you can see on my screenshot. I set up new laptop yesterday.
Latest BIOS and latest drivers.
13 REPLIES 13

po4emu4man
Star I
After BIOS update to 304 I get more grey lines then before.
It occures on battery (I have not test it on AC).
181120-122e.png
181120-ec82.png

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
po4emu4man

After BIOS update to 304 I get more grey lines then before.

It occures on battery (I have not test it on AC).

181120-122e.png

181120-ec82.png

View post
after seeing above images , i suspect the intel graphics driver . install latest generic dch graphics driver from intel website.
for testing purpose of webcamera , install Skype calling software, try to do video calling , see if camera works fine or not

po4emu4man
Star I
I have installed generic Intel driver. It helps with density of lines, but they are presented after drivers update.
This weird lines happens in Skype too. I have test it. And I didn't know that with ASUS laptop I have to use Skype to get normal image in meetings.
Today (my first meetings on laptop) from 12 meeting colleagues 4 of them give me private advice to resolve my issues with video (some of them said drivers, some of them give me a overall feedback on strange camera behavior).
It's some kind of frustrating experience because in any other detail of laptop I'm very satisfied (even at Microsoft Power BI perfomance in comparison with my desktop i5-6600, UX325JA doing great job!).
Maybe someone else have some ideas how to fix this annoying chaotic lines?
181120-a0c7.png

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
po4emu4man

I have installed generic Intel driver. It helps with density of lines, but they are presented after drivers update.

This weird lines happens in Skype too. I have test it. And I didn't know that with ASUS laptop I have to use Skype to get normal image in meetings.

Today (my first meetings on laptop) from 12 meeting colleagues 4 of them give me private advice to resolve my issues with video (some of them said drivers, some of them give me a overall feedback on strange camera behavior).

It's some kind of frustrating experience because in any other detail of laptop I'm very satisfied (even at Microsoft Power BI perfomance in comparison with my desktop i5-6600, UX325JA doing great job!).

181120-a0c7.png

View post
go to below site , download CSME_Version_Detection_Tool_Windows 4.0.1.0 windows version , unzip the file
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28632/Intel-Converged-Security-and-Management-Engine-Versi...
then execute CSME-Version-Detection-Tool from DiscoveryTool.GUI folder , post the scrrenshot
for example
capture1-jpg.jpg
in picture , green line should shown , if red comes means , processor is still under vulnerable

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
po4emu4man

181120-a0c7.png

View post
to know exactly where the problem arise from camera , i would recommend you test on LINUX OS , download linux live OS .iso file , make bootable live linux pendrive with RUFUS software ,
boot with that llinux pendrive , dont install os, instead use it for live version , then follow the linux webcam software to use in linux
Top 20 Best Linux VoIP and Video Chat Software in 2020try with any of the software , if camera works without lines , then problem is in windows os , otherwise problem is in camera hardware.