This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch is not working after March update in Max Pro M2

Alankar
Star I
When I boughg new Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 phone there was touch issue.
I requested for return on flipkart but they sent technician and he just reset the phone. Again next day touch problem occurred and technician did the same again. This return and reset process continued 5 times i.e. I put the return request on flipkart 5 times but they didn't approved the return. Meanwhile I got the next Software update on my phone and phone worked till March( When the warranty period expired). But after March update the touch problem started again. It lasted for 2 days and started working automatically. But after around 10 days the same problem occurred again. This time it didn't get resolved automatically. Then I did factory reset, no benefit of this....then I downgraded to WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 from WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.092
But no gain...touch is still not working ...now I installed anothet version i.e. Android 10 beta version from official Asus website. Touch still not working.
I decided to downgrade it to the earlier version i.e. WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072
But it showed error
E3304: This package is for ASUS_X01BD devices. This is X01BD device.
Now I changed the code where it check the Device Model. It is available in Updater script file. And installed the framework WW_Phone_16.2017.1912.072 using TWRP recovery. This time touch started working.
Please tell me what is the exact problem behind this touch issue.
And please fix it in new firmware update and release as soon as possible.
40 REPLIES 40

anooops
Star II
Hi Christine,
Frequency of the zero-touch was initially 2-3 hours per week thereafter it gradually increased, when device was last usable in last September zero-touch frequency increased to 8-9 hours daily.
I rooted my device only after first time I got this issue in may 2020. Which didn't solved the issue.
I am not able to use it so I am not aware about the firmware but I can say issue was observed only after march update.
I visited service center, but as per them service would be chargeable, and they can't guarantee if the issue would be resolved or not.
Please suggest further ways.

anooops
Star II
All those users who are having same issue with the device and can be come together and report it in more elaborate manner, please message me here. We can collate all the issues together and report at appropriate place.
Thanks!

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi anooops
Thank you for your reply. What you described indicates high possibility of faulty hardware, please bring your device to the nearest repair center.
Besides, please note that once your device has been rooted or unlocked, it will no longer be regarded as original product. The Revised Product will no longer be covered under the warranty of the Original Product. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

anooops
Star II
Hi Christine,

Can you be more elaborate and specific on "Faulty hardware". is it device had faulty hardware when sold?
Also I don't know what we mean by device being rooted or unlocked? If it means it was supervised by someone other than authorized service center than it is not rooted or unlocked.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi anooops
Do you face the situation since the beginning periods? How long have you used your device? The hardware issue can be caused by various reasons from compressed (put the device in jean pocket), break, to fall. If you have any concern, please bring your device to the nearest repair center for further device checking.
Root and Unlock are the steps frequently used by power users to flash customer rom or customer function.