This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Battery stops charging at lower and lower percentages (UX330U Zenbook)

vickynessz
Star I
Hi - this problem began a month ago. My laptop would be fully plugged in and charging/resting, but the battery would say it's only at 84%. Every day, the max percentage would go down. Now, it's perpetually plugged in and perpetually at 12%, and I'm beginning to really feel the lag/slowness in loading, scrolling, sending messages, etc.
I've troubleshooted tech problems on my own in the past, generally by relying on Google, but this is the first time that I literally could not find any other info whatsoever about my predicament. I'm a student taking classes online and I need my laptop pretty much all of my waking hours, so you can imagine how worried I am for when that percentage inevitably gets to 0%.
I've had this laptop for almost three years, and one thing of note that I can think of is that a year ago, I spilled ramen soup on some of the keys (and some might have gotten into that vent-looking area between where the laptop folds). But at the time I immediately turned my laptop off and did my best to clean/dry everything, and it's been alright since.
Do you think soup is the culprit? Are my laptop batteries dying somehow? I'm worried this isn't a glitch or bug I can easily fix, and I might actually have to get it sent in to be fixed - this would be terrible news as in these quarantined times I literally can't survive a day without my laptop (I need it for both school and work, every day).
Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated!
Edit: I just downloaded something called BatteryInfoView. As you can see, the current full capacity is "listed" as being 31.7% of the original (already very low), but the current capacity value only charges up till 11.6% maximum (this is after leaving my laptop sitting there for an hour with no major applications running). Why is the capacity falling so fast??
battery-png.png

7 REPLIES 7

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Vicky,
Please kindly send your device to service center.
Thank you.

vickynessz
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello Vicky,

Please kindly send your device to service center.

Thank you.

View post
But do you know why the battery life is draining so suddenly? This only started within the span of a month. And with my past laptops, they would still charge to 100%.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Vicky,
There might be different reason.
It's quite difficult to tell you the exact reason from word description.
Thank you.

vickynessz
Star I
But what do you suspect could be the reason? Can you list a couple of the most likely causes, just so I can research the topics a bit more before a make a decision to take my laptop in to get fixed? Please understand it would be a huge inconvenience for me to part with my laptop for 2+ weeks, as both my school and work is done through it, not to mention the monetary costs.