This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms not received when using other app than messages (google LLC)

heyoka
Rising Star II
Hello, I don't receive SMS (and MMS) when I use another app (mood or textra for example, I prefer mood...)
When I choose Google message I received the "non received"messages then when I choose "mood" they arrive
I can send messages but from some contacts (not all) I never receive their messages! I must change for Google message to receive them!
I gave all authorizations to "mood" app (battery etc etc...)
Any idea of what could be the cause of this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
heyoka

Hello, I don't receive SMS (and MMS) when I use another app (mood or textra for example, I prefer mood...)

When I choose Google message I received the "non received"messages then when I choose "mood" they arrive

I can send messages but from some contacts (not all) I never receive their messages! I must change for Google message to receive them!

I gave all authorizations to "mood" app (battery etc etc...)

Any idea of what could be the cause of this problem?

Sms not received when using other app than messages (google LLC)
This is just a theory of mine but It could be that the other phone is sending you SMS and MMS as chat data and not as actual SMS/MMS. And your Mood/textra apps are not setup to handle this type of communication? If the other phone is sending messages as chat data and not sms/mms, then go to your contact in that phone, details and choose something like "send as actual sms/mms" (this will only appear if messages are sent as chat data)

heyoka
Rising Star II
Ok thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to deactivate chat data on the other phone and I'll tell you if it is this
I asked developer the same question but I have no answer at this time

heyoka
Rising Star II
Big thank you! When I deactivate chat function on the other phone I receive the message!
I have now to wait for an update of mood which gives chat functionality

heyoka
Rising Star II
I deactivated chat function on my phone on Google messages and now I can receive SMS on mood or textra from people who have Google message and chat function activated on it! So problem solved! 😀