cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To the devs about the black crush issues caused by banding

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Hello dear ASUS devs,
now I had the courage and time to root my phone and look into the issue and guys, I feel ya.
The implementation from pixelworks is utterly garbage and give you literally 0 control. I know you guys are trying to make some sort of overlay hotfix but it just won't cut it. I know you cannot just remove the pixelworks feature just like that, due to possible conflicts with upper management however what I think would help is an easy way for either devs / users with rooted phones to disable the service, maybe through some sort of config file, build.prop w/e. I've tried to get rid of it causing the boot process to freeze and tried to disable the service after boot which would cause a black screen so it's very deep in the system process. All I ask for is to give us the ability to disable it without having to do a stunt and let us then fix the screen ourselves with k-lapse or KCAL implementation in our kernels, as I can see your hands are absolutely tied due to pixelworks extremely locked and unflexible solution and it doesn't seem they have any intention of making a proper recalibration anytime soon.

13 REPLIES 13

rZEnd
Star III
accompanying the situation.

Ogghy
Rising Star II

hermantan89
Rising Star I
This problem will be solved on asus rog phone 4. Stay tune!

MV
Rising Star II
nightmaster552

Hello dear ASUS devs,

now I had the courage and time to root my phone and look into the issue and guys, I feel ya.

The implementation from pixelworks is utterly garbage and give you literally 0 control. I know you guys are trying to make some sort of overlay hotfix but it just won't cut it. I know you cannot just remove the pixelworks feature just like that, due to possible conflicts with upper management however what I think would help is an easy way for either devs / users with rooted phones to disable the service, maybe through some sort of config file, build.prop w/e. I've tried to get rid of it causing the boot process to freeze and tried to disable the service after boot which would cause a black screen so it's very deep in the system process. All I ask for is to give us the ability to disable it without having to do a stunt and let us then fix the screen ourselves with k-lapse or KCAL implementation in our kernels, as I can see your hands are absolutely tied due to pixelworks extremely locked and unflexible solution and it doesn't seem they have any intention of making a proper recalibration anytime soon.

To the devs about the black crush issues caused by banding
Good that someone is putting in some effort to demystify the display issue. 👍
It might be a patented or classified thing from pixelworks. And it might be beyond just a simple kernel fix or Asus would have figured it out already. I hope XDA guys who have got the handset are able to figure this out.