This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Justice to flagship, Atleast zenui 7 top of Android 10 OR Android 11 top of zenui 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version:100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: forever
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): system
Time has come ASUS has started beta testing for 6z as its regular cycle why skip 5z as a flagship i personally feel 5z is best device ASUS has made till date with lesser hardware issues comparing 6z n rog series also 5z is most sold smartphone till date for ASUS in flagship range m happy with dedicated support till date for 5z and still ongoing for more few months
But as a flagship owner want to tell ASUS that is 5z really worth to be called as flagship 👇
1.No vowifi
2.No prime hd
3.No ARCORE
4.No camera UI improvements even after Zenui 6
5.No dedicated nightmode for capable sensor in camera app
6.Touch panel stutters in games exists since Android 8 (which we and mods are still fighting to get fix from devs )
even after several requests since months from 5z users no hard push from ASUS for 5z users why? No requested features are seen
If thats fine not to give it to 5z owners than its ok
But to fill this huge gap can asus make us happy with surprising decision like more 6 months update cycle with implementations like atleast providing
*ZENUI 7 on Android 10 itself
OR
*Android 11/R on top of ZENUI 6 itslef
I wish atleast ASUS will reconsider our request and justice 5z as a flagship before ending up support to 5z
@Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @STARRAIN_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Y_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @gabriel_prado @ga278057 @gabriel95
299 REPLIES 299

雪狼
Rising Star II
There is another update, there will be no updates in the future, as I learned the official news is like this

雪狼
Rising Star II
I was an ASUS fan before, but later asus didn’t care about it at all. They planned to do it like this and it won’t change.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
雪狼

There is another update, there will be no updates in the future, as I learned the official news is like this

View post
Yes 5z probably won't get android 11 nor zen ui 7 but there are a couple of updates left for 5z ( I confirmed it with a moderator)
1-2 bug fixing updates after than some irregular updates here and there

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/133005#Comment_133005

Yes 5z probably won't get android 11 nor zen ui 7 but there are a couple of updates left for 5z ( I confirmed it with a moderator)

1-2 bug fixing updates after than some irregular updates here and there

View post
I have no compalins with support 5z got till date but expecting UI update is i personally feel not wrong coz i would say zenui 6 came in for 5z but most important inbuilt apps are still broken or are as same as zenui 5 and there are also few more basic features mentioned in thread which are missing as a flagship
So i dont think expecting android 11 /zenui 7 is wrong we want to fill that Gap and expect a flagship performance from a flagship
As tagline itself says "flagship redefined"
But i still cant find a defination of a flagship in 5z i dont need to explain in what aspects.you can understand those by yoursleves
Also many brands are opting for 3 years support extension so this move from asus would not be dissapointing for sure
Yes i know we have few more updates left but who knows if we get surprises so fight for 5z is still on you can go through this thread comments almost 100 of 5z users are expecting some more support so i hope they will not be dissappointed
#justice5z
Thanks!

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
I can understand Asus' policy. The new android update will increase the cost, they will spend time on new research and development for the new update new bug fixes. They don't want to waste time on the relatively old phone anymore. They develop for newer phones, this is normal. Android 11 would have made me very happy. I would be an Asus fan 🙂
 But if the zenui7 update does not arrive, I will be very disappointed. I hope they give the zenui7 update. I don't want it to remain a dead phone in 2021. It is still the middle class of the current market with the phone's fast platform. If Zenu7 comes along, Zenfone 5z can live a little bit more. Zenfone 5z officer ship deserves this.
Thanks 🙂