This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF GAMING FX505GT-BQ048T Issues after BIOS 309 Update.

NelsuX
Star III
System:
Battery or AC: both
Model: FX505GT-BQ048T
Frequency of occurrence: everytime
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
After updating to BIOS 309 the RGB keyboard it's working fine but there are other issues:
1. Armoury Crate isn't working properly, it isn't showing the GPU and CPU statistics correctly, some of them are missing or showing "Ahorro de energia".
stadistics-missing.jpg
2.There are annoying static and buzzing noises coming from the laptop, when moving mouse, opening a new tab on chrome, and some other actions too, even when speakers are muted. I've noticed that it occurs only in Performance and Turbo modes, when using silent mode there aren't any noises. Using the touchpad doesn't make noises. For the following demonstration, I did this sequence: 3 movements, stop, 3 more movements, stop... so you can easily identify the noise:
3. Touchpad sometimes gets laggy, or just doesn't work smoothly, and MyASUS v2.2.49.0 keeps asking me to update the touchpad driver, despite having already updated it, twice, and also MyASUS takes forever to load.
myasus-keeps-asking-me-to-update-touchpad-driver.png
4. Lag when playing games.
I've uninstallaed and reinstalled armony crate usinsg tools provided here: asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/
ASUS Software installed:
all-asus-software-version.png
My system's info:
sysinfo.png

I don't know if downgrading to 305 could solve this headache since this is a 1-week-old brand new pc.
27 REPLIES 27

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello NelsuX,
These issues have been reported.
If there is anything new, I will keep you updated.
Thank you.

NelsuX
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello NelsuX,

These issues have been reported.

If there is anything new, I will keep you updated.

Thank you.

View post
Thanks in advance Blake, I appreciate it!

darrionnongbet3
Star II
Hello, I am also experiencing the second problem, the buzzing noises. and also, my laptop's keyboard was malfunctioning and only esc key was working, but a restart fixed it

ZT-69a9e8cd
Star I
Hai , i am having issue with charging after updating bios to 309.
As soon as i got the update notification in MYASUS app i clicked update (by mistake , i thought it will take me to download page but didnt) and the file downloaded and asked me to restart . laptop was already connected to ac so i restarted and bios screen came and done with installation procedure but after installing completion laptop shutdown. which usually don't happen. Also i noticed that charging indicator was not blinking ,which should be doing or at least should be on but here it was off . i thought my system bricked . so finger crossed after waiting for 5 min i switched on then it started and shutdown after 2 sec. Again after 1 min i switch on then all worked and function so i after checking if any other updates are available and also conformed that battery is charging and all ok ,i shutdown my pc. This time i noticed that my pc is not charging offline and only charges online.