This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 6 won't charge at all, among other issues.

Hello, recently my Asus Zenfone 6 was having issues charging. Quick charge seemed to not be a thing anymore, even with the original asus adapter and cable, other power blocks with USB-C PD system or 35W blocks.

Then today, it stopped charging at all. A cable plugged in won't even register the charging light.
I've blown compressed air into the charging port and cables, tried 20+ combinations of cables, blocks, and outlets to no luck. It's completely dead, can't even get in to do a system reset.
I'm told that I need to ship to ASUS and pay an $85 dollar diagnostic fee before they even look at my phone, at which point i don't know if they'll say repair is going to be $100 or $500. I'm considering just cutting my losses and getting another phone - definitely won't be ASUS if that's the case.
1 REPLY 1

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
kwabonkopurabkarokwabdheknasab

Hello, recently my Asus Zenfone 6 was having issues charging. Quick charge seemed to not be a thing anymore, even with the original asus adapter and cable, other power blocks with USB-C PD system or 35W blocks.

Then today, it stopped charging at all. A cable plugged in won't even register the charging light.

I've blown compressed air into the charging port and cables, tried 20+ combinations of cables, blocks, and outlets to no luck. It's completely dead, can't even get in to do a system reset.

I'm told that I need to ship to ASUS and pay an $85 dollar diagnostic fee before they even look at my phone, at which point i don't know if they'll say repair is going to be $100 or $500. I'm considering just cutting my losses and getting another phone - definitely won't be ASUS if that's the case.

Asus Zenfone 6 won't charge at all, among other issues.
I take it that you warranty has ended since you say you have to pay for service? If you bought it in the EU then you should have 2 years of warranty.