Did you mean: 

Phone screen blacks out and restarts during charging

ajithbellary3
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog phone 2
Firmware Version: WW-17.0240.2009.49
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: random but more frequently when the display frequency is 90hz or 120hz
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): It's random and mostly happens during charging the phone not related to any specific app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am frequently facing the problem of phone screen turning black during charging and phone gets heated.This issue is more frequently seen in 90hz and 120hz display frequency, but also quite inherent in 60 jz default frequency

In some random cases the phone even turns off while charging.
Also phone heats up a lot during charging.
Tried doing safe mode, Factory Reset and SMMI basic tests as suggested by support.
How do I get my phone replaced?
I see it's a hardware issue as per other posts.
4 REPLIES 4

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ajithbellary3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus rog phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: WW-17.0240.2009.49
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: random but more frequently when the display frequency is 90hz or 120hz
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): It's random and mostly happens during charging the phone not related to any specific app

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I am frequently facing the problem of phone screen turning black during charging and phone gets heated.This issue is more frequently seen in 90hz and 120hz display frequency, but also quite inherent in 60 jz default frequency

In some random cases the phone even turns off while charging.

Also phone heats up a lot during charging.

Tried doing safe mode, Factory Reset and SMMI basic tests as suggested by support.

How do I get my phone replaced?

I see it's a hardware issue as per other posts.

Phone screen blacks out and restarts during charging
Please visit a service centre

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Kindly visit the nearest service center:
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india

ajithbellary3
Star I
I have given the phone for motherboard replacement but they say it takes total of 45 days due to stock deficits and for repair and will extend the warranty of my phone to 3 more months.
date of handing over phone to service center: Nov 13, 2020
date of warranty expiring: Dec 02, 2020

Ömür_Can
Star III
My friend, this is not a software problem. I've tried android 9, 10 or all private rooms. This is a hardware issue. If the warranty still continues, please change the motherboard. If not, replace the pm8150 ic chip. the problem will disappear.