BlackAs
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog3
Firmware Version:.98
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi @Gustav_ASUS I noticed in that fota update .98 you added support for VoLTE for an Indian carrier, what’s the reason you can’t do this for the Australian ones ?

cheers
Adam
53 REPLIES 53

Pav
Star III
They could add it in a few minutes as it's just a line of code added to the ROM.
Would definitely be a big selling point for a lot of people in Aus.

xihe
Rising Star II
Pav

They could add it in a few minutes as it's just a line of code added to the ROM.

Would definitely be a big selling point for a lot of people in Aus.

View post
Probably your carrier refuse to provide support to niche gaming phone. Yes, it is just adding a few lines of code, but if anything wrong with VoLTE, the carrier has to provide support. I also want VoLTE as well, so I bought another phone with VoLTE support. ROG Phone 3 will remain as gaming and media phone.

Pav
Star III
xihe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131278#Comment_131278

Probably your carrier refuse to provide support to niche gaming phone. Yes, it is just adding a few lines of code, but if anything wrong with VoLTE, the carrier has to provide support. I also want VoLTE as well, so I bought another phone with VoLTE support. ROG Phone 3 will remain as gaming and media phone.

View post
Telstra in Australia allow any phone maker to put the code into their phones, It's up to the phone maker if they want to spend 5 minutes putting it in the ROM or not.
Years ago is when Telstra would only allow approved phones to access the network even if they had the code in the ROM but those days are gone because all the current apple, Qualcomm ect chips support it without any issues.

nuccio
Rising Star I
So really no excuse not to put it in the next update!

nuccio
Rising Star I
@Gustav_ASUS Any updates on your end. Is this something the devs are willing to look at?