System: 10 PRO 10.0.19041
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV.308
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Yes
========================
Detailed description:

I'm trying the Windows login with face using the IR camera on my ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV and it doesn't seem to work. The whole idea of an IR camera is to handle low illumination, but this one is like bad, really bad. Have a look at the picture. Shouldn't it be grayscale?
It's not able to recognize me at low illumination, so it erases its purpose.

14 REPLIES 14

Liviu
Rising Star II
When looking in event viewer, I've found this related to Windows Hello. I'm not sure if it's related to the issue, probably not.

screenshot-2020-11-02-215152.png

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Liviu,
Does this issue happen in safe mode?
So the issue happen out of a sudden?
Thank you.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello Liviu,

Does this issue happen in safe mode?

So the issue happen out of a sudden?

Thank you.

View post
I noticed it after I decided to use Windows Hello. I don't know when it started to act like this, but I get the exact same result on both my UX581GV Laptops, and also, there are people that posted pictures with identical artifacts in this thread https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/27074/zenbook-ux-camera-stop-working/p1 . Please check the picture in that thread and you will see the exact behavior. The only difference is that their reported weird behavior of the normal camera, but they ignored the IR camera. There is a picture there with the IR camera broken, just like mine,

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Liviu,
Please kindly send your device to service center to check the camera issue.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Today I've received new windows updates, and the camera behaves better, but still has artifacts. So, it seems that is a driver issue.