Did you mean: 

AOD brightness

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS Zenfone 7 PRO
Firmware Version: 29.13.7.47
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): AOD
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
hi everybody,
i notice this issue: i use the always on display and when the phone is on my desk the aod brightness is right but, after a few minutes, it goes down by itself even if the phone is in the same place and i didn't touch it
thank you guys
2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
It's not really a bug but maybe we should change the behavior. The AOD has only two brightness levels and it always goes to the stronger one until it updates for the first time. I'm not sure but I believe that if it will stay at the higher level if the brightness doesn't go below somewhere around 100-200lx. And then it won't go up until it has reached around maybe 500lx.
So if you're indoors and it's dark outside, then it will only go up or stay in the higher brightness if you have a strong lamp near your phone.
This is partly to preserve battery.

Anders_ASUS

It's not really a bug but maybe we should change the behavior. The AOD has only two brightness levels and it always goes to the stronger one until it updates for the first time. I'm not sure but I believe that if it will stay at the higher level if the brightness doesn't go below somewhere around 100-200lx. And then it won't go up until it has reached around maybe 500lx.

So if you're indoors and it's dark outside, then it will only go up or stay in the higher brightness if you have a strong lamp near your phone.

This is partly to preserve battery.

View post
Dear Anders, yesterday i try to do many test to understand if it works properly.
with screen on the light sensor works good with different lights
the AOD seems to have only two brightness level
Thank you for your reply and to confirm my test! It is not a problem but if with a future update the light sensor will works in the same way in both conditions (screen on and AOD) i think it will be very appreciate.
Have a nice day!