Glitches and Bugs in ASUS ROG Phone 3

rinzler_abhishe
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: Not listed in Settings -> About -> model and hardware
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Multiple times
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): armoury crate, game genie, whatsapp, YouTube
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have previously addressed this to a moderator of Zentalks, (Gustav_ASUS). It has been more than 2 weeks now, but still the issue hasn't been resolved. I would like to complain this and take this matter with someone having authority.
The issues I am talking about are addressed below.
Live streaming feature is not working, and whenever I clicked on it, it shows the error "Network Conenction Failed. Stop Recording.". For this, I restarted my phone, checked if my net is working properly, reset the phone. It's still not working properly.
Black crush issue. You can see this issue for yourselves when something dark comes onto your screen. Like when you are watching something on Netflix or YouTube, you can see the distortion properly.
I am a competitive player for CODM (Call of Duty Mobile), and sometimes when I play the game, the game crashes. It always happens when I increase the screen resolution from 60Hz to 144Hz. Sometimes, the game lags a lot and I have to restart the device for it.
I still haven't got a reply from GUSTAV_ASUS for the previous discussion, wherein I highlighted all the issues. If this is the way you guys offer your products and assistance, then don't sell gaming phones and claim to be one of the best in the gaming industry.
I thought for 50K this phone will be worth it, but I am having second thoughts on it now. I want to talk with an executive and have a complain filed for this.ASUS has been selling a substandard and second-rate device, and claim to be one of the best gaming phones in the gaming industry.

I am really sad to say that I have not enjoyed this experience with this product and I demand to talk to an executive and resolve these issues.
36 REPLIES 36

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
rinzler.abhishek

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131734#Comment_131734

I don't actually care for people who don't have issues, because unlike you, it seems that you don't want anything solved in the first place. And I am not talking about 1 or 2 units, I am talking every unit. Lots of my friends have the same issues, and even worse, they have no other option.

And as for performance wise, I think you might have heard that eSports organizations for mobile gaming offer to give a gaming phone, if the team is sponsored. The device they receive is an iphone, which is dominant in the gaming market and consistent. So if for any second you think that ROG Phone 3 is dominating the market, go see the stats for yourself.

Plus, if you raise the point that they are IOS devices, not android, go have a look at Redmagic 5s and then think about every statement you've said. They also made the phone with almost the same specifications except the screen resolution. I've never heard of them having any issues with black crush or fps drops or anything else. Same goes with one plus 8T.

Regarding other countries, I don't actually care if they complain or not. I have a problem with this device, so I'm going to report it. Simply speaking, I should get what I paid for.

And yeah I am a developer, but for android applications. I don't know what's taught in Sweden, but developing a product that has hardware issues and developing an application in android is completely different.

That's the thing. If you focus on the region so much, then I suppose you should not comment over here, because ASUS doesn't provide service based on where the customer is from. Sorry to say, you should get your facts straight.

View post
On sustained performance the iPhones fail,their batteries drain quicker while on heavy load,and the heat won't escape,the FPS will drop and the only reason it's being given to eSports it's because of sponsors and assurances,Otherwise gaming phones would be given.Also,RedMagic 5s?how will the heat escape?The air just flows around.And why would you even buy the phone if you thin the other ones are better?Even for the price.And you can't reason with live streaming,since you could live stream through an iOS device or even any other gaming phone.And a last thing,why would you buy an inferior device according to you?I thought software developers did some research before investing in such an investment...

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Aman89053

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131734#Comment_131734

I think you are a kid...I tried replacing unit lots of times but they denied..

And I am a developer as well ..

And you kid doesnt know a thing about developer...

Please don't say to mechanical engineer that go and make a new car for urself..

He will surely kick you out of his property..

Sorry if I am being harsh ..

But u said alot...

View post
1,I'm not a kid
2, Judging by your poor English and manners,I hardly believe you are even out of school yet...

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Ogghy

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131736#Comment_131736

Lol u're so bias with your statement. Here's from indonesia. Every problem that rinzler say is happened too in here. Stop covering asus ass by saying "the best gaming smartphone ever".. best gaming my ass, screen is the one of the main components that they should consider before claims that title. And they failed miserably. Even legion phone doesnt have any black crush nor extreme green tint on 144hz mode. Lol

Not even surprised tho bcuz asus known well for having a crap software since day one.

View post
Again,doesn't matter,not everyone has a problem,if you are serious about the problems and only your specific countries have problems,then go for a law suit
Also I'm not covering,I simply state the facts
And forgot to mention,I'm not biased,its been proven to beat every single other phone out there,on performance specifically,so yes for performance it's the best
But I still don't get it,why did you buy this phone since the throttling piece of metal Legion Duel,is better?
Seems to me you make poor choices when buying tech...

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131736#Comment_131736

2021 is going to be interesting

We'll get Rog 4 and an Asus Qualcomm gaming phone

I'm kinda curious what hardware parts will the two phones share and what will be unique to either of them

View post
Competition is always welcome,who knows,they might come cheaper for more performance,which is good for both sides

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
Really sorry, let me check and get back.
For Black crush:
With every new update, the fine-tuning is making sure that the overall quality is getting better.
Appreciate your patience.
Call of Duty Mobile doesn't support 144Hz on ROG Phone 3