This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
Can anybody in the ASUS team help me and tell me where I can ship my zenfone 7 pro via feDex or DHL to get fixed? I AM DESPARATE. MY CAMERA IS broken for no reason at all.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Charles Rollon

Can anybody in the ASUS team help me and tell me where I can ship my zenfone 7 pro via feDex or DHL to get fixed? I AM DESPARATE. MY CAMERA IS broken for no reason at all.

View post
I will send you a PM

lf_asus_z7p
Star III
Selfie camera seems to be better on the latest update ( 29.14.53.5 ). Sharpness and contrast level seem to be lower than before, that's good.
I dont have any comparison point so please tell me whether you see the same improvement.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
lf.asus.z7p

Selfie camera seems to be better on the latest update ( 29.14.53.5 ). Sharpness and contrast level seem to be lower than before, that's good.

I dont have any comparison point so please tell me whether you see the same improvement.

View post
I don't know how he will do a comparison because his camera is not working.

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
My camera motor is broken so I have to manually flip my camera to the front with my finger. It broke while I was changing the flip sound within the camera app setting I did not force it whatsoever. I am asking for help from @Anders_ASUS on how to get this phone FedEx 'd to asus service center as it is u fixable in the UAE and believe me I have had my fair share of frustrations with this phone and have spent alot of money only to have this kind of experience.
Anyways I am glad to confirm the following :
First picture is Version 29.13.7.47 without beauty mode - as known as ZOMBIE face which is high contrast and highly unflattering and when I first raised this issue everybody was telling me from ASUS that there is nothing wrong with their camera and that their camera is great. I also experienced some backlash from some members of this group saying that there is nothing wrong with my face. This is The one that I have been complaining about since October.

p-20201121-102116.jpg
The second picture is from the latest version 29.14.53.5 without beauty mode. And now it seems the asus team have listened to my concerns. Which is great.

p-20201121-104825.jpg

I am glad Asus is making progress. But I have highly suffered wihh the experience since October. I hope they can make more improvements.
Especially taking a photo directly from whatsapp and Instagram will produce the zombie face again by using the telephoto cam, I hope they sort that out
Any comments from @aLc @veeharish2005