Glitches and Bugs in ASUS ROG Phone 3

rinzler_abhishe
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: Not listed in Settings -> About -> model and hardware
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Multiple times
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): armoury crate, game genie, whatsapp, YouTube
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have previously addressed this to a moderator of Zentalks, (Gustav_ASUS). It has been more than 2 weeks now, but still the issue hasn't been resolved. I would like to complain this and take this matter with someone having authority.
The issues I am talking about are addressed below.
Live streaming feature is not working, and whenever I clicked on it, it shows the error "Network Conenction Failed. Stop Recording.". For this, I restarted my phone, checked if my net is working properly, reset the phone. It's still not working properly.
Black crush issue. You can see this issue for yourselves when something dark comes onto your screen. Like when you are watching something on Netflix or YouTube, you can see the distortion properly.
I am a competitive player for CODM (Call of Duty Mobile), and sometimes when I play the game, the game crashes. It always happens when I increase the screen resolution from 60Hz to 144Hz. Sometimes, the game lags a lot and I have to restart the device for it.
I still haven't got a reply from GUSTAV_ASUS for the previous discussion, wherein I highlighted all the issues. If this is the way you guys offer your products and assistance, then don't sell gaming phones and claim to be one of the best in the gaming industry.
I thought for 50K this phone will be worth it, but I am having second thoughts on it now. I want to talk with an executive and have a complain filed for this.ASUS has been selling a substandard and second-rate device, and claim to be one of the best gaming phones in the gaming industry.

I am really sad to say that I have not enjoyed this experience with this product and I demand to talk to an executive and resolve these issues.
36 REPLIES 36

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Aman89053

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131707#Comment_131707

He is totally right .. how can they even say that there is no throttling at all.

After playing genshin impact for half n hour ...fps drops down to 40 fps...

Even in low settings..

I raised many problems before regarding black crush ..it's performance ..battery etc.. features claimed by company is just a gimmick..

I lost my hope when moderators ignored everything...and stopped replying...

They will definitely face the wrath when they launch rog 4 ...people here in India are very pissed....

Brother' Just make sure that this is your last asus device ever ...

I talked in service center ...their support ... everywhere.. nothing works..

And bypass charging😡😡 I don't want even want to say anything on this..

And there software updates are pathetic..

View post
Well,40 45 or 50 my rog 3 keeps the 60 FPS easily
Only in very unoptimised parts of the game do I see some frame drops to 55 or 50
Also the bypass charging is the most convenient thing ever,it works perfectly for anything else than genshin impact
Can't wait for the Rog 4 to dominate the mobile market once again on performance

rinzler_abhishe
Star III
GREEKLEADER

Well,let me also teach you,that the phone is sold also outside of India and people from I dunno,Sweden for example,have 0 problems just like me

You can't just say the phone has bugs and glitches when it's only 1 or 2 Units,and yes it IS the best, performance wise atleast,even on benchmarks if you want more proof.The black crush is easily adjustable with a third party app but,for my device at least,its very very weak black crush

If you were a developer you would consider switching your unit since you know other countries exist,yet you don't see them complain about the phone

If you have bugs glitches,too bad,change your unit or wait for a fix,these are known problems and the mods have seen them way long ago,also since you are a developer why don't you fix it yourself?

Anyway yeah,just because some Indians got unlucky doesn't mean every Rog 3 user has problems so just chill out

View post
I don't actually care for people who don't have issues, because unlike you, it seems that you don't want anything solved in the first place. And I am not talking about 1 or 2 units, I am talking every unit. Lots of my friends have the same issues, and even worse, they have no other option.
And as for performance wise, I think you might have heard that eSports organizations for mobile gaming offer to give a gaming phone, if the team is sponsored. The device they receive is an iphone, which is dominant in the gaming market and consistent. So if for any second you think that ROG Phone 3 is dominating the market, go see the stats for yourself.
Plus, if you raise the point that they are IOS devices, not android, go have a look at Redmagic 5s and then think about every statement you've said. They also made the phone with almost the same specifications except the screen resolution. I've never heard of them having any issues with black crush or fps drops or anything else. Same goes with one plus 8T.
Regarding other countries, I don't actually care if they complain or not. I have a problem with this device, so I'm going to report it. Simply speaking, I should get what I paid for.
And yeah I am a developer, but for android applications. I don't know what's taught in Sweden, but developing a product that has hardware issues and developing an application in android is completely different.
That's the thing. If you focus on the region so much, then I suppose you should not comment over here, because ASUS doesn't provide service based on where the customer is from. Sorry to say, you should get your facts straight.

Aman89053
Rising Star II
GREEKLEADER

Well,let me also teach you,that the phone is sold also outside of India and people from I dunno,Sweden for example,have 0 problems just like me

You can't just say the phone has bugs and glitches when it's only 1 or 2 Units,and yes it IS the best, performance wise atleast,even on benchmarks if you want more proof.The black crush is easily adjustable with a third party app but,for my device at least,its very very weak black crush

If you were a developer you would consider switching your unit since you know other countries exist,yet you don't see them complain about the phone

If you have bugs glitches,too bad,change your unit or wait for a fix,these are known problems and the mods have seen them way long ago,also since you are a developer why don't you fix it yourself?

Anyway yeah,just because some Indians got unlucky doesn't mean every Rog 3 user has problems so just chill out

View post
I think you are a kid...I tried replacing unit lots of times but they denied..
And I am a developer as well ..
And you kid doesnt know a thing about developer...
Please don't say to mechanical engineer that go and make a new car for urself..
He will surely kick you out of his property..
Sorry if I am being harsh ..
But u said alot...

xihe
Rising Star II
Live streaming is a known issue and they are working on it. https://piunikaweb.com/2020/10/24/asus-rog-phone-2-3-network-fails-stop-recording-is-known-issue-fix...
Is ROG Phone 3 the 1st phone you are using? If you have used other phones before, you will have used other apps for live streaming. Are you fixated on using Game Genie for streaming?
Game or app crashing can be due to many different factors. It can be due to background apps in conflict, virus/malware, etc.
The only universal common complains about the ROG Phone 3 are VoLTE support and black crush.
If you want to have a complain filed, consult your lawyer and together with the users who are experiencing the same issues as you, file a class action suit.

rinzler_abhishe
Star III
xihe

Live streaming is a known issue and they are working on it. https://piunikaweb.com/2020/10/24/asus-rog-phone-2-3-network-fails-stop-recording-is-known-issue-fix...

Is ROG Phone 3 the 1st phone you are using? If you have used other phones before, you will have used other apps for live streaming. Are you fixated on using Game Genie for streaming?

Game or app crashing can be due to many different factors. It can be due to background apps in conflict, virus/malware, etc.

The only universal common complains about the ROG Phone 3 are VoLTE support and black crush.

If you want to have a complain filed, consult your lawyer and together with the users who are experiencing the same issues as you, file a class action suit.

View post
You are right. There are other streaming apps as well. But the reason I bought the phone was I saw the live streaming capability of this device. So I am just a guy who wants what I paid for in the first place.
Game or app crashing is due to many factors, yes. But when you are neither running any app just scrolling through the apps, the phone hangs and I have to shut down the phone. Plus, I have not installed many apps in the phone except whatsapp and CODM, never went to chrome and clicked on questionable links ever. So there is very less chance of a virus getting in. While playing a game, I close every background app that is using up memory. I first complained about this when I bought the phone. After that ASUS FOTAService has rolled out 3 updates. In one of them, there was a line written, quoting the update, " Fixed issue with brightness where sudden brightness changes were noticed". This issue is still there while opening YouTube and whatsapp.
There is no such thing as universal complaint. You should say the most common complaint. I don't know why, but I just asked Devs to fix this issue in the first thread I posted. I didn't ask anyone to comment on their thoughts or give their opinions. HomeEnglish CommunityService Phone CommunityROG Phone 3("service"). As said by user (Aman89053), he also faces some of these issues. So I am not the only one who got these issues.
As per my previous statement, "filing a complaint" and "want to contact an executive" means to file a complaint with the company executives and head of the management team,so as to notify them and to rectify the issues faced by people all around the world.