wenmit99
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 5z (ZS620KL)
Firmware Version: latest version
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: everyday
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
If I'm not mistaken, I'm only facing this random restart on my phone after updating it to Android 10. I'm also thinking if it relates to overheating issues because my phone tends to switch off especially when I'm charging, or when it heats up. I reset my phone today and even have problems switching it back on when I was trying to set up my phone. Struggled multiple tries and even left it to cool down for a good 20 minutes or so. After I was done setting up, I restored my WhatsApp messages and was about to sign in to my Instagram account when my phone started heating up again and switched off by itself. The switching off and on process has been close to 10 times within 2-3 hours. I'd turn it back on and it'd switch of after a few seconds. I'm now using an ice pack to cool down my phone and it surprisingly works, but I can't be carrying an ice pack all the time right? I've brought this issue to ASUS and they suggested that I downgrade to Android 9, but I don't have an SD card for now. Does anyone know if this is due to system software issue or is it just hardware? Or both?
9 REPLIES 9

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
wenmit99

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 5z (ZS620KL)
  2. Firmware Version: latest version
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: everyday
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

If I'm not mistaken, I'm only facing this random restart on my phone after updating it to Android 10. I'm also thinking if it relates to overheating issues because my phone tends to switch off especially when I'm charging, or when it heats up. I reset my phone today and even have problems switching it back on when I was trying to set up my phone. Struggled multiple tries and even left it to cool down for a good 20 minutes or so. After I was done setting up, I restored my WhatsApp messages and was about to sign in to my Instagram account when my phone started heating up again and switched off by itself. The switching off and on process has been close to 10 times within 2-3 hours. I'd turn it back on and it'd switch of after a few seconds. I'm now using an ice pack to cool down my phone and it surprisingly works, but I can't be carrying an ice pack all the time right? I've brought this issue to ASUS and they suggested that I downgrade to Android 9, but I don't have an SD card for now. Does anyone know if this is due to system software issue or is it just hardware? Or both?

Phone switches off by itself
If reset options did not help you than most probably thats hardware issue
Kindly take your device to nearest service centre as early as possible
Note:- If possible plz dont forget to backup your important data before you submit your device to service centre also try to take pictures of your device from every angle before submitting device
Thanks!

wenmit99
Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/39262/phone-switches-off-by-itself

If reset options did not help you than most probably thats hardware issue

Kindly take your device to nearest service centre as early as possible

Note:- If possible plz dont forget to backup your important data before you submit your device to service centre also try to take pictures of your device from every angle before submitting device

Thanks!

View post
Yeah I probably should just bring it to the service centre. Thank you for your advice!

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
wenmit99

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129007#Comment_129007

Yeah I probably should just bring it to the service centre. Thank you for your advice!

View post
CAN YOU NOTICE NETWORK FLUCTUATIONS??DOES IT REBOOTS ONCE AND OPENS OR IT HAS TO REBOOT 5-10 TIMES BEFORE TURNING ON COMPLETELY?

wenmit99
Star I
adityapruthi2001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129991#Comment_129991

CAN YOU NOTICE NETWORK FLUCTUATIONS??DOES IT REBOOTS ONCE AND OPENS OR IT HAS TO REBOOT 5-10 TIMES BEFORE TURNING ON COMPLETELY?

View post
my network works fine. It reboots more than once when it's bad, but I strongly think it's related to hardware overheating issues instead of software issue. Or maybe both?