This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus zenfone 5z restarting and no network

Sufyan
Rising Star I
From some days my phone started to restart on its own for no reason and each time it restarts on its own the network signals are gone and then I have to restart it again from power menu and after the restart the signal comes back but after some hours the same thing will happen again sometimes happens after an hour or half an hour or some times in minutes and no I didn't dropped my phone nor there's any kind of virus or ghost doing it if that's what you guys are going to say it's a software bug that needs to be fixed and if someone says in the comment but I'm not facing that then you should know many bugs previously showed up on some devices and didn't showed up on others this in consistent behaviour is famous from Asus. In updates and also in bugs 🤦

Please request the developer team to fix this ASAP cuz I didn't buy this phone for testing OS on this phone I bought it to use it as my daily driver so please try na understand
@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Mister @kikoly
75 REPLIES 75

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131578#Comment_131578

And yes" settings stop" messege appering again n again may be a software bug for you i think there is something somewhere may be triggering via software for that you need to provide logs for furthur investigation send it to me via pm i will try to raise it to mods

Did you try checking same in safe mode by following steps you said what is behaviour there ??

i told to visit service centre again coz i read thread topic heading and thought that ur 5z is again restarting and showing network issues this is where i misunderstood

Sorry again for misunderstanding

View post
no worries brother ,yes in safe mode too the issue is happening still.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
adityapruthi2001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131588#Comment_131588

man with dev options off too and that too they are just options to tell which apps are crashing it is happening it was just happening after that dialog box so i guess that is what triggering it. i removed sim ,app crash diaog box appears, phone restarts . and this time around the networks are fluctuating. see the video i got from asus engineer today in my mail as i said give me a screen recording so i can show to mods.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/MFFC701DMYXG/whatsapp-video-2020-11-10-at-12-08-10-am.mp4

View post
Lets wait for mods to reply here m sure they will help you out after seeing this video and they way you are explaining @Anders_ASUS
Iet me give a diffrent solution what happens if you downgrade ? Did you try ? Do it if possible and see if you face same issue with Android 9 pie as well if not than its clearly a bug which will get fixed as soon as you update from android 9 to 10 manually as this is fresh installation of software which may clean all your problems
Downgarde to Android 9 (see if same problem occurs)
Update to Android 10 manually
This should fix your problem if you see problem with Android 9 as well than its clearly a hardware which needs to be fix by service centre

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131589#Comment_131589

Do 1 thing, now shoot a video showing problem you are facing and explain what steps you did and when did you started facing this issue with logs pm me

This is the only way to get a fix logs and video is must

View post
phone is with service centre, this is the main problem, as soon as you people told in my prev thread to take it to service centre i took it as i was fearing it would damage MB more. Also designated Engineer has aldredy sent the logs to the technical team. The problem is if i bring the device to home even one day everything will be void. So i am keeping the unit in Centre only to be assured whatever they will do they are on their own. I cant send you logs at the very moment but definately here are some videos by which you can understand the problem more clearly.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131594#Comment_131594

Lets wait for mods to reply here m sure they will help you out after seeing this video and they way you are explaining @Anders_ASUS

Iet me give a diffrent solution what happens if you downgrade ? Did you try ? Do it if possible and see if you face same issue with Android 9 pie as well if not than its clearly a bug which will get fixed as soon as you update from android 9 to 10 manually as this is fresh installation of software which may clean all your problems

This should fix your problem if you see problem with Android 9 as well than its clearly a hardware which needs to be fix by service centre

View post
no in android 9 this does not persist at all. It works flawless. as soon as updating to Version WW-100.10.107.87 , the problem begins. before this no restarts, no app crash dialog messeges or anything. I my self upgraded step by step till .99 .

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131594#Comment_131594

View post
I did manually too and by fota too, by fota it took longer as i had to go and download like all the versions step by step and by manual it was much quicker. But just to be sure i did it both ways. and in both, the problem persisted.