Star I
screenshot-20201108-190431601.jpg
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: 29.13.7.47
Rooted or not:not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:every day since last update
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): None
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi there
Was very happy with the battery performance on my new zenfone 7 pro till the last update came about a week back. Battery drain happens very fast since. Battery drains in 4 hours of usage max. After a full nights charge, it drops to 50% by midday with moderate usage. Previously, with similar usage it was 50% only by end of the day.
Not sure how to fix this as i believe the firmware is latest?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
6 REPLIES 6

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Rarely on my phone (I'd say once every 2 weeks), there's something draining the battery, I don't know what, but I just have to reboot it and it's good for the rest of the charge.
If your phone is on since a few days that may be that, just restart it and it should be good.
Did you restart when this occurred ?
I noticed when the battery drain issue occurs on my phone, it sometimes show the Always On Display while asleep, but I did not enable AOD, so I know that when this is shown, the battery drain is kicking in and have to restart.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Ambient Display can also be, wake screen to show notifications, lift to check phone and any screen gesture that works with the screen off.
Remember to check digital wellbeing as well because sometimes, battery stats forgets to include apps even if they have had significant usage.
Lets take the stats above as an example. If AOD is active and the true screen time really is 2h 14min, then Ambient display should say about 7h. Based on the battery drain it's likely that the real screen time was more than 3h. Then it's starting to look more normal. The AOD feature also consumes quite a lot of battery in my opinion. It's one of the first things you should turn off (if it's on) if you want better battery.
Here are some general battery saving tips
1. restart your device more often. It solves more issues than you would think.
2. go to system settings -> battery -> powermaster -> auto-start manager and prevent all the apps to auto start that you don't need a notification from.
3. Go to display settings and disable every option under Standby screen and switch to Auto refresh rate if you have this option
4. Go to system settings -> advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory cleaner -> Turn on Super Clean mode -> enter app list and uncheck any app that you must get notifications from -> go back -> open recent apps overview and press clear all.
Restart your phone.
Sometimes it's something on your cellular or wifi network that's causing your drain. To test this, put your phone in flight mode (mobile data, wifi & BT off) before you go to bed. Do not plug in your charger. If you have lost 1% or more of battery per hour of sleep, then there might be a bug in the system that we have to investigate.
You may also check out general battery saving tips like these https://uk.pcmag.com/how-to/9960/9-tips-to-boost-your-android-phones-battery-life
Tips for battery charging and storage
https://www.asus.com/US/support/FAQ/1009546

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Hi,

I also think it is a battery drain on the latest a10 version. With the AOD on (which Anders said it does not show app notification icon just to use less battery) I have screen on time of only 5 hours or so and 1 day of use. With it off I have almost 2 days of use. The SOT I did not calculated yet since I did not use the phone as usual lately( I had to drive more and used it for navigation connected tot the charger)
I compared my Asus AOD with the one on Pixel 3a. The one made by Asus eats more energy according to the battery stats.( I compared my phone's battery stats with a pixel 3a battery states). On 24h they eat roughly the same amount of energy in percentage, but zenfone 7 pro has a 5000mAh battery while pixel 3a only a 3000 mAh battery. So it is sad to see the same thing eats more energy without displaying the notification icon...

Regards

KMINSG
Star I
Thank you all for the responses. I switched off AOD and the battery drain stopped. Amazing difference just because of the simple switch.
Thanks again for the help.