Did you mean: 

[Zenfone Max Pro M1] Battery suddenly stopped working

weiyi169465
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1
Firmware Version: unsure
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: First time. 09 November 2020. ~1PM (GMT+8)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I was using my phone when my phone suddenly switched off when I had about 50% battery left. When I tried switching it on I see the two screens which are 'Powered by android' and 'ASUS', then it just goes to black. It never progresses from there so I thought it required charging.
However, when I tried charging it I get the vibration, the battery charging screen showing the battery at completely empty, and then nothing. It just repeats this cycle every 10 seconds or so, so I just stopped trying to charge it.
I cannot even boot it into safe mode or connect it to my PC to try to retrieve whatever data in it. I don't have the necessary tools to open the back cover to check if anything disconnected by chance.
What happened and what should I do?
2 REPLIES 2

AJ1
Rising Star II
weiyi169465

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1
  2. Firmware Version: unsure
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: First time. 09 November 2020. ~1PM (GMT+8)
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I was using my phone when my phone suddenly switched off when I had about 50% battery left. When I tried switching it on I see the two screens which are 'Powered by android' and 'ASUS', then it just goes to black. It never progresses from there so I thought it required charging.

However, when I tried charging it I get the vibration, the battery charging screen showing the battery at completely empty, and then nothing. It just repeats this cycle every 10 seconds or so, so I just stopped trying to charge it.

I cannot even boot it into safe mode or connect it to my PC to try to retrieve whatever data in it. I don't have the necessary tools to open the back cover to check if anything disconnected by chance.

What happened and what should I do?

[Zenfone Max Pro M1] Battery suddenly stopped working
Pl try to charge phone & while charging try to open in safe mode & check, if it doesn't work try to open boot menu, if that opens then try to reset the device

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi weiyi169465
If you can not access the phone, please check if your google account or microSD card have auto backup your data.  Based on what you described, please refer to some official suggestion as below
(1) Please try the following steps to access recovery mode for the Factory Reset:
0. Try to back up your data with USB cable. If you can not access the phone, please check if your google account or microSD card have auto backup your data. 
1. Power off the phone, then keep pressing "volume down key"
2. Press "power key" and stop press " power key" once you feel the vibration. Still keep pressing "volume down key"
3. Stop press "volume down key" once you enter [Android Recovery] Screen
4. Choose "Wipe data/factory reset">"Factory data reset"
5. "Reboot system now"
#Hardware Reset Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1006346/
Please note that once the steps are completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
(2) Contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs