BlackAs
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog3
Firmware Version:.98
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi @Gustav_ASUS I noticed in that fota update .98 you added support for VoLTE for an Indian carrier, what’s the reason you can’t do this for the Australian ones ?

cheers
Adam
53 REPLIES 53

realistix
Rising Star I
Has there actually been a reason for not adding VoLTE? I'm getting major HTC vibes from the responses here. HTC said exactly the same thing almost 3 years ago. Then they sold off their phone division. A company looking to actually break into markets or at least get a footing, would no doubt jump on every common feature as they could. Samsung is going to eat up every other phone manufacturer if a simple PHONE feature (like VoLTE) is too hard. The ROG name sold me this phone, expected the best of the best, all I read is issues. At least I know my PC is safe atm without any ROG equipment. I'll just avoid it, plenty of competition. Just my opinion.
Edit - Still curious whether phones sold in Australia, from Australian sellers, put on Australian carrier plans do not support VoLTE. If anyone has a phone from JB or Hervey Norman Etc, would love to know your thoughts or experience.

Pav
Star III
They do not have the settings in the ROM for our telcos VoLTE as I honestly expected it would.
3 years from now you won't be able to use your phone as a phone if they don't add the settings for our telcos.

nuccio
Rising Star I
My phone is from JB Hi Fi and does not have VoLTE. I would say all Australian released ROG phones would be the same.

cheetah2k
Rising Star II
I can test VOLTE on Vodafone - if its going to be available, I'll buy the Rog 3. At the moment, without VOLTE, I cannot justify selling my S20 Ultra

nuccio
Rising Star I
Surely it cant be that hard to bake in VoLTE support for Australia into the next firmware release.