This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding issue with 5z in apps which use camera.

mshameemp
Star III
When I use any apps which uses camera there comes moving vertical lines on my screen and it vanish. Then again it wil come in between.
I think it's bcz of banding issue. Am from India , so I need 50hz antibanding(standard electricity frequency in india is 50hz). Bt instead 5z default is 60hz(I assume). I can change antiflickering to 50hz in asus camera app so that vertical lines go away bt that doesn't hav any impact on other apps which uses camera like CamScanner, whatsapp camera etc. I think if u make 5z default antibanding to 50hz for indian through an ota update then this issue will get solved.
I hav attached a video so that u will get more clarity on vertical moving lines.
29 REPLIES 29

mshameemp
Star III
kikoly

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131216#Comment_131216

As far as I know, it is impossible for Asus to "MAKE 50hz AS SYSTEM DEFAULT FOR CAMERA"

View post
Ooh 😐😥😥😓

mshameemp
Star III
srota

Are we so sure that this is a 50 Hz vs 60 Hz issue and that this is common to all users?

I say that just to bring more information for the related investigations. I live in Europe , we have 50 Hz and I do not have this problem on my 5z. At least I cannot reproduce it , I get it only when the 5z camera frames my PC screen and this is absolutely normal

View post
If u try to move ur camera then u may notice it. As I do use cam scanner more frequently I notice it whenever I open its camera.
I think it's bcz of 50,60hz issue bcz when I choose 50hz in UNICAM or our mian camera app it will b gone forever.
U plz do that monitor test again. Bcz I think u won't b getting any banding issue if u show ur camera to ur monitor as today's pc monitor has 60hz minimum (some tv has has lesser frequency). U may see flickering around ur monitor (outside ur monitor) bcz of ur tube light(50hz) and not bcz of ur monitor(60hz). Am talking about 60hz monitor. If it's 50hz moniory then there will b flickering if ur camera frequency is 60hz.
if u encounter with fllickering while recording gaming session then it's bcz of fps drop down.

mshameemp
Star III
mshameemp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130814#Comment_130814

There is an universal solution for that. U(mod) just want to make 50hz as system default by releasing a new update. Then it will be a world wide solution.

As indian and chinese electricity is 50hz and USA 60hz ,if u release an update with 50hz as system default then no one will b getting this problem again. I mean even USA will not have any issue in camera if u make 50hz as system default bcz there will b no banding if ur camera frequency equal or less than that of electricity frequency.

SO PLZ MAKE 50hz AS SYSTEM DEFAULT FOR CAMERA.

View post
@Anders_ASUS

srota
Rising Star I
mshameemp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131194#Comment_131194

If u move ur phone u may notice flickering for small time. Soon it may vanish. As I do use cam scanner more frequently, I can notice flickering whenever I open its camera.

I believe it's bcz of 50hz 60hz issue due to one thing. As I choose 50hz in UNICAM I don't get this banding issue.

Plz do that monitor test again . Bcz I don't think u will b getting banding issue bcz most today's pc monitor has minimum 60hz(or may b all, some tv has 50hz bt today's all pc monitor hav 60hz). U can see banding around ur screen(outside ur monitor) if u set ur camera to 60hz ( that's bcz of ur light source(light tubes) and not bcz of ur monitor). Bt on screen u won't b getting any flickering .

If u try to record gaming u may get flickering if ur fps drops down.

View post
I cannot reproduce it, and I cannot honestly figure out how a flickering on the screen of the handy can somehow relate to the frequency of the main electricity. In big displays I understood that banding effect may depend in part on the physical display resolution and the screen size, but image processing is a complex issue. It may also relate in this case to the process of converting the image from the camera settings of the phone to the camera settings of the specific App which is being used.

mshameemp
Star III
srota

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131225#Comment_131225

I cannot reproduce it, and I cannot honestly figure out how a flickering on the screen of the handy can somehow relate to the frequency of the main electricity. In big displays I understood that banding effect may depend in part on the physical display resolution and the screen size, but image processing is a complex issue. It may also relate in this case to the process of converting the image from the camera settings of the phone to the camera settings of the specific App which is being used.

View post
As of now whatsapp , camscanner and many other 3rd partys apps doesn't hav option to select frequency of camera . So they choose system default. It's value is 60hz in 5z. So we get banding issue if we use light sources from 50hz electricity .

To understand how it related to electricity.
I hav mentioned here 50hz electricity . That means 50 cycles. In a cycle there will b on and off states.since camera is 60hz (60 cycle) , u will get banding.
Try to take slow motion video at 240fps. If u r under tube light u will b getting flickering . Bcz electricity provides 50hz(india) or 60hz(usa).
Then try to take slow motion under sun light.u won't b getting any flickering bcz sunlight has very huge frequency.