devicentextian
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:rog 3
Firmware Version:.99
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence:random
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Sometimes when placing a finger in scanner it's just blank or simply just not working. i had to open my phone via password and the finger print will work again as normal..
13 REPLIES 13

eqlm2
Rising Star I
it is a normal behavior in every phone to require PIN code every X period for extra security , but not daily
so the fingerprint scanner does not disappear in your case rather the PIN code is required
i am facing the same issue after updating to .98

xihe
Rising Star II
From what I know if PIN is required it means there has been too many incorrect attempts to unlock the phone. Have you tried leaving the phone untouched on the table and see if it still ask for the PIN instead of fingerprint?

devicentextian
Rising Star II
eqlm2

it is a normal behavior in every phone to require PIN code every X period for extra security , but not daily

so the fingerprint scanner does not disappear in your case rather the PIN code is required

i am facing the same issue after updating to .98

View post
It happens sometimes twice a day so i don't think that's the issue.
xihe

From what I know if PIN is required it means there has been too many incorrect attempts to unlock the phone. Have you tried leaving the phone untouched on the table and see if it still ask for the PIN instead of fingerprint?

View post
when I pick up the phone it should show a fingerprint where i should put my finger right? but sometimes it doesn't and no matter how i hold my finger in that spot it will not show unless i open it through power button and start typing the password.

xihe
Rising Star II
devicentextian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131093#Comment_131093

It happens sometimes twice a day so i don't think that's the issue.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131104#Comment_131104

when I pick up the phone it should show a fingerprint where i should put my finger right? but sometimes it doesn't and no matter how i hold my finger in that spot it will not show unless i open it through power button and start typing the password.

View post
If you are using screen protector, remove it. Also, try factory reset. If problem still occur, bring it to the service centre.

sourabhsu30
Star II
xihe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131116#Comment_131116

If you are using screen protector, remove it. Also, try factory reset. If problem still occur, bring it to the service centre.

View post
This issue has been happening with me also. Even without using screen protector the fingerprint scanner does not show up when trying to unlock phone.