Did you mean: 

GPS problem

duy1406
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog phone 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2009.49
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: GPS doesn't work.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google map
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
When I opened Google map, it said GPS signal lost. I tried to factory reset my phone already but it still doesn't work.

11 REPLIES 11

ronald1985
Community Legend I
duy1406

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Rog phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2009.49
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: GPS doesn't work.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google map

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

When I opened Google map, it said GPS signal lost. I tried to factory reset my phone already but it still doesn't work.

GPS problem
Download an app called "GPS Test" and provide the app with the location permission. It doesnt matter if you choose all the time or only when the app is in use.
Go outside and launch the app, you should have satellites "in view" and if it is working, you should see "in use" thats highter than zero.
How many satellites do you have "in view" and how many are "in use"?

duy1406
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/39671/gps-problem

Download an app called "GPS Test" and provide the app with the location permission. It doesnt matter if you choose all the time or only when the app is in use.

Go outside and launch the app, you should have satellites "in view" and if it is working, you should see "in use" thats highter than zero.

How many satellites do you have "in view" and how many are "in use"?

View post
Hi, it shows 11 in view and 0 in use.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
duy1406

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131015#Comment_131015

Hi, it shows 11 in view and 0 in use.

View post
I had the same issue last month where I had over 30 satellites in view but none are in use. I also did the factory reset and the reset in recovery too, and it didn't work for me. Then I went ahead and did the below and you can go ahead and do the following as it seem to work for me back then:
Solution 1:
Settings -> Apps & notifications -> See all XXX apps -> (3 dots in the upper right corner) -> Show system -> Clear storage and cache of the following apps:
Google Maps
Google Play Services
Google Services Framework
LocationServices
Telephony Services
Fused Location
Google Location History
Restart your phone.
Now go outside and see if you have satellites in use.
Solution 2:
If solution 1 doesn't work, then do this:
(You will need to provide relevant permissions for all apps once this is done.)
Settings -> System -> Reset options -> Reset app preferences (this doesn't affect apps data)
Restart your phone.
-----
Do let us how you get on.

duy1406
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/131022#Comment_131022

I had the same issue last month where I had over 30 satellites in view but none are in use. I also did the factory reset and the reset in recovery too, and it didn't work for me. Then I went ahead and did the below and you can go ahead and do the following as it seem to work for me back then:

Solution 1:

Settings -> Apps & notifications -> See all XXX apps -> (3 dots in the upper right corner) -> Show system -> Clear storage and cache of the following apps:

• Google Maps
  • Google Play Services
  • Google Services Framework
  • LocationServices
  • Telephony Services
  • Fused Location
  • Google Location History

Restart your phone.

Solution 2:

If solution 1 doesn't work, then do this:

(You will need to provide relevant permissions for all apps once this is done.)

Settings -> System -> Reset options -> Reset app preferences (this doesn't affect apps data)

Restart your phone.

-----

Do let us how you get on.

View post
I did all of 2 your solutions but it still doesn't work. It seems the GPS chip is broken I think. So disappointed with the phone's quality. I just bought it nearly 1 year.