This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS locks only NAVSTAR constellation satellites

camillo_toselli
Star II
I bought a new Zenfone 7 Pro smartphone. GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim reports that only 5/6 of 64 satellites locks when full sky is available. When a lesser portion of sky is available, performance are even worse.
Only GPS NAVSTAR satellites locks. Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, satellites do not lock in any condition. However, GPS Status & Toolbox reports good signal strength also for not locking satellites.
My Zenfone 7 Pro has been replaced by a new one by the shop due to this issue but also the new one shows the same issue.
Please, help.
Thank you in advance.
16 REPLIES 16

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Before upgrading to Android 11 to then go back to Android 10, maybe wait a bit, they said there was a process to do so, I don't know if it's available yet.
As we are on the weekend I guess ASUS mods will come in this thread only on Monday, some may have two phones on both versions so they would be able to check.

trophiegaygg
Star I
Hello. I am big gamer. A hungry gamer. I am going to buy 7 series. I wonder Will I be able to play games like clash of clans

camillo_toselli
Star II
Hello. This is off topic. However, definitely yes Zenfone 7 and Zenfone 7 Pro display cutting edge performance in games. If your focus is primarily games, I would suggest you to consider Asus ROG phones.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
camillo.toselli

I bought a new Zenfone 7 Pro smartphone. GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim reports that only 5/6 of 64 satellites locks when full sky is available. When a lesser portion of sky is available, performance are even worse.

Only GPS NAVSTAR satellites locks. Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, satellites do not lock in any condition. However, GPS Status & Toolbox reports good signal strength also for not locking satellites.

My Zenfone 7 Pro has been replaced by a new one by the shop due to this issue but also the new one shows the same issue.

Please, help.

Thank you in advance.

GPS locks only NAVSTAR constellation satellites
Mine on A11 immediately locked to 32 out of 72 on my balcony. I can't say why you have two units that behave the same way. Have you tried more apps. Do you have another phone which your can test on simultaneously?

camillo_toselli
Star II
Hi Anders,

Thank you for your reply.
I have tried almost all app on Android Play Store. The issue is shown in NMEA logs so it is independent from the specific app used.
I tested the GPS antenna of my Asus ZenFone 5z simultaneously in the same place and it works flawlessly.
I suppose the problem is tied to Android 10. It is difficult to imagine that two just unboxed new devices behave exactly in the same way.
Could you perform the same test on a ZenFone 7 Pro with Android 10 firmware installed?
Is there a way to let me test GPS antenna with Android 11? I cannot join to the beta testing program.
Best regards!