This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS locks only NAVSTAR constellation satellites

camillo_toselli
Star II
I bought a new Zenfone 7 Pro smartphone. GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim reports that only 5/6 of 64 satellites locks when full sky is available. When a lesser portion of sky is available, performance are even worse.
Only GPS NAVSTAR satellites locks. Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, satellites do not lock in any condition. However, GPS Status & Toolbox reports good signal strength also for not locking satellites.
My Zenfone 7 Pro has been replaced by a new one by the shop due to this issue but also the new one shows the same issue.
Please, help.
Thank you in advance.
16 REPLIES 16

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Hi, I did not know this app and tried it (GPS Status & Toolbox by EclipSim) and indoor in my house I get 27/59 sats on my Zenfone 7 Pro.
According to the help of the app (https://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus/#status-screen), it locks to NAVSTAR, Glonass, Beidou and Galileo, most are lit in green.
How do they appear on your phone ?
Have you tried the "A-GPS" option in the menu ? Looks like it can download GPS data to acquire them more quickly.
I don't know how to help but I tried the app by curiosity and noticed it seems to work well on my phone, so it's not an issue with the phone model but either a hardware issue (but on two different phones ?) or software as I'm Android 11 beta.

camillo_toselli
Star II
Hi,
Thank you for your kind reply. I am still on Android 10 latest version. Only NAVSTAR satellites are lit in green on my device. I tried several time to cold start GPS antenna and to reload almanac data with the A-GPS reload option but phone shows always the same issue. I scarcely believe in a hardware issue on two different new unboxed phones, too. It could be a software issue. Could you downgrade your phone from Android 11 beta to Android 10 if you would like to do so or joining the beta program inibhits you from restoring the phone to the stable version? Does Google pay Is still not working in Android 11 beta? I ask you because I am interested to try this option.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Camillo

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Hi,
Sorry I don't plan to downgrade as it would wipe my phone and I would have to set everything up again.
The best is to see if someone else has the issue on Android 10 and is willing to upgrade to the 11 beta and test again.
I don't use Google Pay but it seems that it does not work yet because of the beta (it won't let me add a card, saying my phone is rooted or modified, because of beta I guess).

camillo_toselli
Star II
Thank you so much for your help!
I only would like to know if the phone could be downgraded back to Android 10 after performing the beta testing of Android 11. Your answer is pretty clear in that sense: it could be done if you admit to factory reset the device.
I hope there is someone that has Android 10 installed who could test his GPS antenna by means of GPS Status & Tools and report his/her results to compare.
Thank in advance.