Screen problem

BurgerKingCrown
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 3 Strix Edition 8/256
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: every day since August
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone's interface, games, google discovery, netlix, hbo, youtube, basically any app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
dsc-0061-jpg.jpg
dsc-0062-jpg.jpg
dsc-0063-jpg.jpg
dsc-0064-jpg.jpg
Hello, so this is what's happening to my unit since the day I got it.
I don't know if that half blacked screen falls under the 'black crush' category. The picture I took shows the Google discovery feed page just to present the problem - that's where the issue is best visible . Only the lower part of the screen is affected by this - while gaming or watching movies only this part displays darker spots differently. While this is happening the colors seem to be fine, that's why I didn't know if I should address the black crush issue.
Also, since I can't find the answer anywhere - is the green tint a hardware or a software problem, no update has fixed it for me yet since August. The tint isn't green in the 60hz mode but I can still see the discoloration.
11 REPLIES 11

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
markosmiro105

@nightmaster552

Hi mate, can you tell me because i have a similar situation, mine has faulty screen (touch) but when send it to asus service center didn't give me new rog 3 replacement, just repair and change the defective screen.

Can u tell me how many days from purchase of rog 3 happens to u?

Service center give u a brand new rog 3 or another device? And btw what country are u ?

Thank you

View post
I'm from denmark and I got a brand new device since i explicitly asked for it. The reason why I can easily do it is because we have laws here that say if I have to wait for an unreasonable amount of time for a repair I can request a new device.

BurgerKingCrown
Star III
@nightmaster552

Could you please show me how the screen should look like? All I find on the web are the pictures of devices with faulty screen but I've never seen how the screen should actually look like in dark environment.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@BurgerKingCrownMan

I hope it starts the video at 9:55 if not you can set it manually there, there I explain and show how you can determine wheter its a hardware or software defect.

markosmiro105
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130893#Comment_130893

I'm from denmark and I got a brand new device since i explicitly asked for it. The reason why I can easily do it is because we have laws here that say if I have to wait for an unreasonable amount of time for a repair I can request a new device.

View post
Good Country!! Laws respects the consumer!!!
You didnt tell me, when u buy the phone and when give u the replacement? It was on first days?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
markosmiro105

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130895#Comment_130895

Good Country!! Laws respects the consumer!!!

You didnt tell me, when u buy the phone and when give u the replacement? It was on first days?

View post
They didnt have it on stock at the place so I had to wait 1 day for delivery.