This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus A15 FA566IH USB - 3x ports doesnt detect Mobile connection through USB cable.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
System: Asus A15
Battery or AC: both
Model: FA566IH.311
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Not needed
========================
Detailed description:The issue is, the USB 2 x 3.2 ports(the other 1 x 2.0 USB port works just fine) doesn't detect mobile connection through a USB cable for data transfer and tethering but other functionalities are working like Pendrive detection and good speed with that.

The touchpad suddenly stops working/behaves too slow or doesn't respond for a few seconds and corrects itself later on. Doesn't depend on which application I'm using.

Also, there is a degree of flex on the display while closing and opening the LID around the lower edges of the screen.
This issue is not limited to my device almost everyone on the current BIOS are facing this issue and there's a seperate thread on Reddit but no one from Asus have said anything about that...
Do others in this BIOS version too have the same issue or is it just me?

Thank you in advance!
18 REPLIES 18

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear both,
New BIOS is on the way to solve this issue. I will keep you updated.
To solve current situation, please downgrade to previous BIOS.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
@Blake_ASUS Please confirm whether the Faulty bios was the reason for touchpad spikes and random moment too?

Also is there any specific date of release for the next BIOS update?

Can you please list the procedure to downgrade BIOS? I see that on Asus help page it says that BIOS updates can't be rolled back on any situation.

I have rolled back the BIOS to the previous version 309 and the USB ports are working fine now.

Thank you for the Update.

Please check the Touchpad issue, Ill keep you updated if this new change improves/removes the Touchpad issue.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
@Blake_ASUS

The system self updated the BIOS to 311 after a restart, How do I disable the self update so that the BIOS version sticks to 309?

There was A Warning ⚠ icon in the device manage after I downgraded the BIOS version.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello GOKUL,
if that update came from Windows update, you may consider to stop it or 7 days.
Thank you.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
Hi @Blake_ASUS ,
The update is being forced by the Device manager which keeps notifying to perform restart so that system firmware can work fine.