Is my Zenfone 7 Pro defective? Camera obstructed

Jericho246
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
Firmware Version: WW-29.13.7.47
Rooted or not: No.
Frequency of Occurrence: constantly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera app?
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I have a really big issue with my Zenfone 7 Pro. Prior to today, no issues. However after applying the latest update, WW-29.13.7.47 I CONSTANTLY get the camera obstructed message. The module keeps vibrating for no reason, even when I'm at the home screen and not using the camera app. What could be causing this? Help please.
2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Jericho246

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 7 Pro
  2. Firmware Version: WW-29.13.7.47
  3. Rooted or not: No.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: constantly
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera app?

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I have a really big issue with my Zenfone 7 Pro. Prior to today, no issues. However after applying the latest update, WW-29.13.7.47 I CONSTANTLY get the camera obstructed message. The module keeps vibrating for no reason, even when I'm at the home screen and not using the camera app. What could be causing this? Help please.

Is my Zenfone 7 Pro defective? Camera obstructed
There's no screen protector or non original case right?
Is it working sometimes? Is it possible for you to record the behavior with another camera/phone?
Could be that it's just bad luck that it broke down at the same time as you updated but I do have one more user making the same claim. Please check his posts and see if there's any resemblance to how your camera is moving.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129344/#Comment_129344

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
Bro this happened to me and after a few days my camera motor just gave up for no reason at all. You can read my thread here

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37055/zenfone-7-huge-problem-with-camera-latest-sept-update-2...