This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7 Huge problem with camera, latest Sept Update 29.13.7. 24

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
When you take pictures of faces in back camera or selfie mode, it extremely sharpens the faces and raises the contrast as well. This makes the skins uglier and unpleasant. How do I downgrade to the previous version? This is such a shame because I bought this phone to take selfies, now basically its unusable for me. How do I downgrade to previous version?
117 REPLIES 117

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Charles Rollon

@Anders_ASUS the phone did not fall on the floor or did I force the camera. I was just in the options of changing the sound of the camera flip. Its not even taking a picture. All I can say is OH MY GOD. Is there anyway that I can send this via fedex to an asus service center?

View post
My guess is that it's from Hong Kong. I don't remember but I think it's possible to ship it to them if you agree to pay for the shipping back as well. This is because they normally only repair phones inside HK. You can send you Serial Number to me in a PM if you want me to look up where it came from. But my suggestion is to ask the dealer for help first.

aLc
Rising Star II
This exact over sharpening camera issue (zombie face) was also discussed in several YouTube reviews and forums in Taiwan including Asus's own zentalk https://zentalk.asus.com/zh/discussion/37920/zenfone-7-pro-%E4%BA%BA%E5%83%8F%E7%85%A7%E7%89%87%E5%A...
The Asus support there mostly play the same ignorant card regarding this issue.
The general consensus seems to be that there is noone at the mobile engineering team who understands photography and coding at the same time. So it's almost impossible for Asus to further fine-tune the camera.

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
aLc

This exact over sharpening camera issue (zombie face) was also discussed in several YouTube reviews and forums in Taiwan including Asus's own zentalk https://zentalk.asus.com/zh/discussion/37920/zenfone-7-pro-%E4%BA%BA%E5%83%8F%E7%85%A7%E7%89%87%E5%A...

The Asus support there mostly play the same ignorant card regarding this issue.

The general consensus seems to be that there is noone at the mobile engineering team who understands photography and coding at the same time. So it's almost impossible for Asus to further fine-tune the camera.

View post
Your explanation makes the most sense to me. And I am deeply frustrated as my camera motor stopped working for no reason

Charles_Rollon
Rising Star I
Its a really sad situation, as I feel like when I talk to asus about the zombie face issue they seem like not to really care and listen. They acknowledge but they say they wont do anything.

aLc
Rising Star II
Charles Rollon

Its a really sad situation, as I feel like when I talk to asus about the zombie face issue they seem like not to really care and listen. They acknowledge but they say they wont do anything.

View post
I'm guessing they just don't know "how" to.
The fact that they are not bringing this phone to more markets such as US could mean it's not selling very well. So there's is less incentive for them to put in more resources to tune their device.
It's indeed a sad situation, but we sort of already know that the quality we will be getting from an Asus phone is mediocre at best.
I started from a Zenfone 2, and bought every subsequent iteration after that and sadly after 5 years, software is still Asus's weakest link. I guess they can justify by saying they are always selling it cheaper than comparable phones from other Android Mfg.