This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy files in Google camera Mod

olivierhaas69
Star III
There is an issue with getting only a 6.5 MP image when being on the main camera and switching to selfie mode. To avoid that I use a quick setting for the camera angle to stay in normal mode but still turn the camera to the front. Full functionality for landscape orientation, but upside down for portrait orientation
Any suggestions, or process to avoid this workaround in Google camera Mod ?
11 REPLIES 11

olivierhaas69
Star III
It is a great idea

mickey10021
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/122472#Comment_122472

Thank you! I will forward this info

View post
The issue here is id 1 use ultra wide lens with cropped resolution to 6.5 mp for hyper steady mode and all 3rd party apps also use id 1 for front so image quality will suffer because of the api implementation. To improve this Asus should implement front main camera binned mode at 16 mp to id 1 and move ultra wide lens to other id for better image quality in 3rd party apps since Zenfone 6 id 1 also use main camera.
Here is the camera2 api contain all ids

olivierhaas69
Star III
Thank you very much for that additional information.

aLc
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS
Can you forward @mickey10021s' suggestion to the dev and see what they say? It's really important to all of us using third party camera apps including the gcam.

mickey10021
Rising Star II
aLc

@Anders_ASUS

Can you forward @mickey10021s' suggestion to the dev and see what they say? It's really important to all of us using third party camera apps including the gcam.

View post
As far as I can tell, they will likely not change anything. It's because if the main sensor can get too hot when used for video call but that's about it. So that's why they use ultra wide lens with cropped res to reduce heat