cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Rog 3 firmware

DrTux
Star II
Hi,
I have been using the phone for last 2 weeks. So far I am happy with the phone. I would like to request two features from the software development team of Rog 3.
1) Option to hide the Gesture Hint pill - Saw a picture earlier in the forum that cn version of Rog 3 firmware has this feature. Roms from OnePlus , samsung etc have this feature. Please implement it in ww rom. ( Currently using wm overscan function to hide gesture pill, it's not a good solution and the overscan option is removed in android 11)

2)Option for more comprehensive adjustment of display color temperature ,tint etc. The available option of adjusting color temperature is not producing best results and the display still looks warm (personal preference) and like a dirty piece of paper .Option to adjust individual colors of RGB is needed as seen in many roms. Also please work with independent rom and kernel developers to help them to implement full KCAL color adjustment support.

Please consider adding these features while also fixing the black crush issues. Another outrageous request (if I may) is to include an option to hide status bar(always) in rom , Currently it can be done from adb , but that option is also removed in android 11.
Thanks for the great device and rom
Keep up the Great work.
3 REPLIES 3

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
2.) There wil never be KCAL support ever. This has nothing to do with ASUS doing anything to prevent it but simply that the Phone does not use the typical driver to drive the display.
Pixelworks Announces First Soft Iris Launch in ROG Phone IIThe phone uses a MEMC chip from pixelworks that is suppositely controlled via software, altho looking at ASUS's attempt to fix the black crush doesn't look like ASUS themselves have much control over the software.

Craven
Rising Star II
That pill is so annoying when I'm trying to watch full-screen movies on chrome in landscape mode. I think I can do better without it. Would appreciate if the devs could do something about this.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @DrTux,
Thank you for the feedback.
The same is noted and forwarded to team.