Star III
System:
Battery or AC:
Model: TUF Gaming FX505GT
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Around October 17-19, my laptop(BIOS 308, the latest offered by MyASUS) performance suddenly decreased. For example, playing videos games my FPS would be 60 normally, but now it is 9-30. Overall, there are stuttering and lagging when playing video games. My internet is working fine. Streaming videos, doing multiple tasks, or downloading, there are noticeable lag. MyASUS(V2.2.44.0) checkup shows there may be an issue with the fan. I've went to Nvidia Control Panel and set it to High-Performance Nvidia Processor, Power Option and set to High Performance and still nothing. Using Turbo mode, the fans are somewhat quiet and CPU/GPU fan kicks up to 2800-2900 RPM. Normally, using Turbo mode, the laptop emits a very loud noise and CPU/GPU fan kicks well over 5000-5500 RMP. So something is wrong here. I've also installed ASUS System Control Interface V2( V2.2.30.0) and reinstall MyASUS and the problem still persist. I've also resetted my laptop twice and it fixed nothing. I've checked Task Manager and Armoury Crate(V3.1.6.0), CPU/GPU temperatures seems fine. I'm not tech savy and not sure what is going on. Could it be CPU/GPU fan? Or motherboard? If you need more information to help a guy out, please ask.
Edit: I also should mention when I do Full Scan on Window Virus Security, it usually take 15-20 minutes and utilization of CPU is 98-99%. Now, it takes slighty longer and utilization of CPU is around 33%. I don't know if that info will help. I've also never underclocked or overlocked my CPU because I don't know how to do that.
Edit 2: I've emailed ASUS about the issue. It will take 48 hours for them to get back. I will update as soon as ASUS respond.
Thank you
157 REPLIES 157

I'm also in the same boat here! I was playing Spelunky 2 when the frames suddenly dropped, now my computer is stuttering the whole time. Freezes when I'm writing in Discord, for example, it's like the system freezes and then all the inputs are entered at once.
Oddly, I am on BIOS 307, not sure why it didn't update when 308 was released, but I'm still having issues here. Installed some windows updates thinking they might help but still the same issue, I filled out a support ticket so I guess we'll just have to wait and hear from them when they fix it. Pretty annoying all the same!

darren_arnold
Star I
So as suggested by the FAQs that my armory crate problem led me to, I reinstalled armory crate and it seems to have resolved all issues!
Hopefully its permenant but I urge everyone else to try this and see if it works. Took me a while to find the re download and I had to use Iobit installer on armory crate before it would work

Adhitya
Star I
dathuynh555

Solution? Need confirmation.

1. Go back and enable the ASUS Services in System Configuration.

2. @Adhitya pointed out about ASUS System Control Interface V2 V2.2.31.0. Download it from MyASUS and run it. Then restart PC.

3 . After doing step 2, my Armoury Crate needed an update for ASUS Framework Service/ ASUS Core SDK. Update it then restart.

So far, my FX505GT is working perfectly now. No lag or stutter while playing games. No need to downgrade BIOS or disable those ASUS Services. Everything seems to be back to normal. Will keep updated if anything changes. Try doing those steps.

View post
Okay thanks for the information. I will also try it later and see what will happen with my system.
It usually take me about 20 or 30 minutes to play game before the inevitable stuttering happened.
Will keep updated.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
For FX505G series having performance issue after updating to new BIOS, we are working on the solution.
We currently suggesting downgrade to previous BIOS version.
Other solutions are welcome to share here and I will keep record and report them.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will keep you all updated if there is anything new.
And if there is other model, or other issue in this thread, please kindly open another one.
Thank you.

ItzSkyScream
Star I
dathuynh555

Solution? Need confirmation.

1. Go back and enable the ASUS Services in System Configuration.

2. @Adhitya pointed out about ASUS System Control Interface V2 V2.2.31.0. Download it from MyASUS and run it. Then restart PC.

3 . After doing step 2, my Armoury Crate needed an update for ASUS Framework Service/ ASUS Core SDK. Update it then restart.

So far, my FX505GT is working perfectly now. No lag or stutter while playing games. No need to downgrade BIOS or disable those ASUS Services. Everything seems to be back to normal. Will keep updated if anything changes. Try doing those steps.

View post
It worked for some hours but guess what, I went to eat and I turned the pc on sleep mode...came back, LAG, STUTTER,EVERYTHING loool, I had the restart 😕