Star III
System:
Battery or AC:
Model: TUF Gaming FX505GT
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Around October 17-19, my laptop(BIOS 308, the latest offered by MyASUS) performance suddenly decreased. For example, playing videos games my FPS would be 60 normally, but now it is 9-30. Overall, there are stuttering and lagging when playing video games. My internet is working fine. Streaming videos, doing multiple tasks, or downloading, there are noticeable lag. MyASUS(V2.2.44.0) checkup shows there may be an issue with the fan. I've went to Nvidia Control Panel and set it to High-Performance Nvidia Processor, Power Option and set to High Performance and still nothing. Using Turbo mode, the fans are somewhat quiet and CPU/GPU fan kicks up to 2800-2900 RPM. Normally, using Turbo mode, the laptop emits a very loud noise and CPU/GPU fan kicks well over 5000-5500 RMP. So something is wrong here. I've also installed ASUS System Control Interface V2( V2.2.30.0) and reinstall MyASUS and the problem still persist. I've also resetted my laptop twice and it fixed nothing. I've checked Task Manager and Armoury Crate(V3.1.6.0), CPU/GPU temperatures seems fine. I'm not tech savy and not sure what is going on. Could it be CPU/GPU fan? Or motherboard? If you need more information to help a guy out, please ask.
Edit: I also should mention when I do Full Scan on Window Virus Security, it usually take 15-20 minutes and utilization of CPU is 98-99%. Now, it takes slighty longer and utilization of CPU is around 33%. I don't know if that info will help. I've also never underclocked or overlocked my CPU because I don't know how to do that.
Edit 2: I've emailed ASUS about the issue. It will take 48 hours for them to get back. I will update as soon as ASUS respond.
Thank you
157 REPLIES 157

Steve2112
Star II
mn.jpg
I opened a ticket with ASUS for this issue, seems like it was closed as if my problem with fixed with no acknowledgement of the issue. Would have been nice to add something like "we are aware of the problem" this is poor customer service, will remember on future purchases. Seems like this update didn't go through proper QA.

dathuynh555
Star III
Solution? Need confirmation.
1. Go back and enable the ASUS Services in System Configuration.
2. @Adhitya pointed out about ASUS System Control Interface V2 V2.2.31.0. Download it from MyASUS and run it. Then restart PC.
3 . After doing step 2, my Armoury Crate needed an update for ASUS Framework Service/ ASUS Core SDK. Update it then restart.
So far, my FX505GT is working perfectly now. No lag or stutter while playing games. No need to downgrade BIOS or disable those ASUS Services. Everything seems to be back to normal. Will keep updated if anything changes. Try doing those steps.

ItzSkyScream
Star I
ashenpmx

I'm purchased my ASUS TUF FX 505 GT on August and it was working fine till now. Now I'm facing similar issues as most of the users mentioned here

1. Laptop becomes very lagging every time I return from sleep mode. Even lagging when moving opened panes across the screen.
  2. RGB Backlit won't turn on itself when powering the laptop. I have to manually turn it on using Asus Armory crate or Aura app. Using FN+Key up will show it's increasing/decreasing the brightness but won't do a thing
  3. There is an issue with fans. Seems like Turbo mode is not working. Also when the laptop is lagging, fans won't push up and take control like before. CPU usage won't go to high values.
  4. I wrote a complaint using MyAsus app and waiting for a reply from them

View post
WoW
SAMEE, I had an exam today and the laptop was lagging as hell, I can't even run Wallpaper Engine, also, the laptop is suddenly quiet, every time I putted Turbo or Perfomance, it was louder but now, nothing - its dead and laggy LMAO -
EDIT- I also have to do FN+UP every time I restart the pc for the lights
EDIT- dathuynh555  it works,

darren_arnold
Star I
Having exactly the same issues as everyone else. I was accusing my partner (who sometimes uses it whilst I am at work of tampering and now I feel bad Haha.
-laptop running like its 1999. Constant lag on every screen.
-sims 4 previously ran at 120fps, now running at about 15
-fans not working like they did before, laptop used to be very noisy but now it is suspiciously quiet.
-armory crate wont load properly
-keyboard no longer backlit.
Was so impressed with this laptop and now it is driving me nuts! ASUS PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS

darren_arnold
Star I
16046142705748996547103531161375.jpg
This is what comes up if I try to load armory crate