Did you mean: 

My phone keeps restarting again and again

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  1. Model Name: Asus 6z (zenfone 6)
  2. Firmware Version: WW-16.1220.1906.167
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Continuously 
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): 
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I recently bought Asus 6z on 25th July. I installed the latest update and after usage of couple of days the phone kept rebooting again and again. Before rebooting started, the sim signals kept turning off and on again. I did a factory reset as well but the problem remained. 
Please provide a solution to this as many others here are also facing the problem. It cannot be a hard ware issue as the problem started AFTER the latest update (after reading all related threads here). 
41 REPLIES 41

kikoly
Hall of Fame II

Some users update the firmware through FOTA, causing the update to be incorrect and cause frequent reboots. Try the following method to manually update the firmware to see if there is any improvement.

manual uppdate :
1 download firmware :https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS630KL/UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.174-1.1.1-user.zip 
( for WW/EU/IN/JP only*, exclude RU)
do not unzip folder because it's signed 

2 copy UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-16.1220.1906.174-1.1.1-user.zip to SD card 

3 power off your device 

4 press vol+ and power keys

5 press vol - key to choose Recovery mode

6 press power key

7 press vol- key to choose apply uppdate from SD

8 press power key and wait

meethkstar143
Star II
Go to service centre they will replace the motherboard

_jis_
Zen Master III
kikoly said:
Some users update the firmware through FOTA, causing the update to be incorrect and cause frequent reboots. 

Are you kidding us? Because in reality such a scenario is impossible:
Once the OTA update is downloaded, it is usually checked for integrity using a checksum. This is important so that we don’t waste the user’s time rebooting the phone and not being able to install the update (there are additional integrity checks later in the process).

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
_jis_ said:
kikoly said:
Some users update the firmware through FOTA, causing the update to be incorrect and cause frequent reboots. 

Are you kidding us? Because in reality such a scenario is impossible:
Once the OTA update is downloaded, it is usually checked for integrity using a checksum. This is important so that we don’t waste the user’s time rebooting the phone and not being able to install the update (there are additional integrity checks later in the process).

Someone sent the service center to get the answer is that the OTA failed to restart, but you still rely on the following reply.
1nb2jugbt9ic.jpg