This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5Z] Minor and major battery issues!

Alice_Renaut
Star III
The low battery warning option, in the settings, says it will warn the user in 15% and 5%, but warns in 14% and 4%.
The % indicator does not follow in real time, when it is at 12% in an activity for 10 minutes, it goes down to 11%, but from 11% to 10% it does not last 30 seconds. (Numbers given as an example, do not indicate percentage or time accuracy).
Sometimes, I put it to charge with 10%, it jumped to 12%, rising to 13%, immediately when connecting.
The first 10% of battery, after a 100% charge, does not last even the time of the last 3%.
There is a considerable battery drain after the Android 10. (Not shown on Android 9.)
77 REPLIES 77

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Charged 5z for almost 2 hours 10 min and just started using it and see after 4 min of use i lost 3% this drain is real quick these days and this happens only between 90-100% battery after phone is fully charged and later disconnected to use it look into this @Christine_ASUS
screenshot-20201103-220939012.jpg

hkorkut
Rising Star II
amitgrade You are thinking wrong. 25.01.2020 The battery has been changed. So I have about eight months old battery. Battery drop rate is not just between 90-100. It's a new battery, but it still has around 4 hours of screen use. Moreover, even though I am not playing a game. The charge drop is pretty fast at all levels.

hkorkut
Rising Star II
Install the Accubattery program. Plug it into a five percent level charge. With the program open, watch the charge status. The green LED blinks and the phone will continue charging for approximately 45-50 minutes even after the battery is full. This is the fast charging scam from Asus.

hkorkut
Rising Star II
In other words, the phone is fully charged in 130-140 minutes in total.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all
After checking, the battery percentage on the screen and in the battery can not be 100% equal even in the ideal scenario or the brand new battery, the gap of the both side can be 1-4% difference. As time passes, the situation will become more obviously due to the battery aging. In that moment, the readjustment from the gauge will have an acceptable behavior which results situations like battery jump or percentage difference in 5 %. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.
Besides, please refer to the screenshot below as the battery testing from my device.
*2 years old-ZenFone 5Z, Android 10 V99. Normally I use the device for device testing yet seldom turn it off.
**Charged over night to 100%, playing Youtube with 0% volume and 100% screen brightness
screenshot-20201027-151327601.jpg