This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New ROG 3 came with a battery with no charge

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I just got my brand new ROG 3 strix edition and I am a bit concerned. First thing I noticed is that it had no protective film on the screen and the battery was totally dead so much so that it would not fire up until I had it on its charger for 5 minutes or so. Is this normal. I have had tons of New phones before and this is the first one that came like this. I am wondering if this particular phone has been sold to someone else and returned??????????
39 REPLIES 39

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129844#Comment_129844

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or this phone has been stuffed when they flashed it . I have tried several times and everytime I get to the update notification after restarting it but it just says,,, update failed,,, it doesn't offer any reason why it just don't work. I am thinking of selling it while it's still retaltivly new and purchasing one that likes me ( I known this one must hate me after all the names I've called it today) . What are the rog 3 that comes in the odd shaped box called. I think at this stage I would rather pay the extra and get one that I know Will get regular updates. It's either that or the pixel 5 but I really hate Google so I would rather stick with Asus because I think they are s$&t hot phones. I mean apart from the update problem I love this phone and my old 5;z was one of the best phones I have ever hade. What to do eh at 60 something I'm to old to be spending hours and hours trying to get this thing to play nice . Then there's the war office she's ready to shoot me in a place I can't mention on this forum

View post
Did the full firmware work?
By the way join this rog community on telegram: @ROGPhoneSeriesDiscussion
People here will be more helpful 🙂
screenshot-20201104-201204466.jpg

Roystoys
Zen Master III
No it didn't work. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong because after the restart it says that there's an update detected but when I tap on it it tries for a moment then simply says update failed

Roystoys
Zen Master III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129720#Comment_129720

To my knowledge that isn't the case.

View post
Thanks for all your help. I've contacted Kogan and explained that it won't update either by OTA or manually so they have offered to replace it with another one. Only problem There is if they send me another one that can't be updated I think I'll screen but I have to try and if it is the same then I'll just give it to one of my kids. I really hope that is not the case because I already spoil them rotten. Life goes On eh 🤣

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

No it didn't work. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong because after the restart it says that there's an update detected but when I tap on it it tries for a moment then simply says update failed

View post
Uh well so full firmware to the latest is not working too
Give this a last shot
.32 to .47 (.47 was the next firmware released after .32) if this works try to go manually from one firmware to the other in the order they were released(I'll share the links)
https://fota2.asus.com/delta_package/phone/WW_I003D/formal/17.0823.2007.32-user-WW_I003D-17.0823.200...
You'll need to rename this file tho
Steps are basically the same:
Download the file
Paste it to internal storage directory (not in any subfolder)
Rename the downloaded file to this :
UL-ASUS_I003_1-ASUS-17.0823.2007.47-1.1.32-user
Restart and see if it works

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Just popping in to clear a few things up:
The ROG Phone 3 comes packaged with a protective plastic cover inside the box.
If you we're indeed sold a Tencent-branded device flashed with global ROM, it's recommened to contact your reseller about a refund. We can't guarantee the functionality of this configuration and you wont get FOTA.