This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint rog3 doesnt work after repair at asus service center

Gia
Star II
I just take my rog 3 at asus service center and when i was at the service center i forgot to check the fingerprint sensor then when i checked it at home the fingerprint doesnt work, any solution? . Here the screenshot. Thx a lot
screenshot-20201027-185150876.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Gia and shashwatpandey2015@gmail.com
Thank you for your reply.
1. May you help me to check your SMMI test? Does it pass or fail?
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Fingerprint Test
2. Does the fingerprint work in "Safe Mode"?
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
3. Does the fingerprint work after performing the Factory Reset?

If you are in the firmware version V99 and the fingerprint still can not work. Please let me know your test result above.

Gia
Star II
Still the same after updated v99, is this possible a hardware problem because wrong installation with ur service center technician? But when i checked it with smmi test, the fingerprint test pass the test.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Gia 
I may need the logs for further checking. Please check your inbox and PM me back to avoid any personal information leaking.

ZT-8c695f93
Star I
My fingerprint passed the smmi test. I also opened it in safe mode but still the same msg pops up.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi shashwatpandey2015@gmail.com
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Have you encountered the issue after repaired your device from ASUS repair center?
2. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information>Build Number
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?
3. Also, does the situation remains the same after performing "the Factory Reset"?
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.