makesus
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG 3 8/128
Firmware Version: Factoru Default 0.32
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Some good news and bad news.
Good News:
I have found out that the color shift to excessive green tint occurred after getting updates! In default factory state there's no such issue. Black crush also gets bad if user updates. So don't update!
Bad News with a fix:
Got red tint on factory default firmware. Now, here's what's interesting. This is very similar to DC dimming where you lose colors to help reduce flickering at low light.
Fix here was to keep at 40 percentage brightness and at 144 Hz. No issues. All good.

So I want to know from you how we can flash a stock image when updates make things worse? Factory calibrated displays need little to no firmware updates. So how to go back to stock image if we want to?
I'm keeping this new phone for now. I'll return it back if need be and get a refund as I'm exhausted and this is the last thing I want as we approach Diwali festival in this already stressful year.
3 REPLIES 3

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
For Stock Image you need to visit service center if required.
Also, updates many users have confirmed of better experience over every possible area. Some users may need time as usage of every user differs. With every new update the Display is being fine tuned.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi @makesus
I have deleted your 2 threads as you are just repeating yourself and spamming on forums.
If you are facing any concern, please post it here. Do not spam on forums.

makesus
Star II
Didn't mean to double post but accidentally hit the enter key and it posted halfway through the title. You could have kept the one that was insightful and vocal. Instead you took down both.
Anyways, let's talk technical here. In order to fight black crush, Asus introduced red overlay. Problem is the overlay is empowering that display takes a severe color shift to dark red upon lower brightness at any frequency. In normal case amoled can go all black and with little bit of color degradation. Here screen goes dark red with unwatchable viewing experience.
Happens on all frequencies. Also, keeping the brightness high to counter this red tint eats up battery and not good for eyes in dark or low lit room.
Bottom line is display quality is not ready yet. No matter how many updates we get, this is an inherent flow now. Asus should clarify soon on this.
People have already created over 800 plus topics here within few months of launch. This alone tells us how the device is not ready yet for mass market.
One more software question:
How come Asus version of Android 10 doesn't have the option to turn off data and WiFi for apps? Oneplus, Xiaomi and more have this right now.