rockingawg
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: Version WW-17.0823.2007.58
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: everytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ROG Phone 3 is not charging with official charger I tried factory resetting the phone it didn't help, kindly suggest me an action should I return the product? It's charging with other chargers and Asus charger is charging other devices fine, what kind of issue is this? I bought this phone after using a phone for 6 years so my hard earned money is in this kindly assist me.

42 REPLIES 42

hrcamacho888
Star I
@Gustav_ASUS I saw that you tried to PM others about a potential fix to the charging issue. Can you please help me too? Thank you

aarongarevalo
Star II
hrcamacho888

@Gustav_ASUS I saw that you tried to PM others about a potential fix to the charging issue. Can you please help me too? Thank you

View post
I didn't get any reply as of the moment, so I decided to bring my phone to an accredited asus service center for diagnostics and testing as to why suddenly my phone won't charge.

aarongarevalo
Star II
@Gustav_ASUS there might be a software glitch or bug in the recent .98 update (due to bypass charging addition/update) that some rog 3 phones can't charge with its original chargers.

devicentextian
Rising Star II
aarongarevalo

@Gustav_ASUS there might be a software glitch or bug in the recent .98 update (due to bypass charging addition/update) that some rog 3 phones can't charge with its original chargers.

View post
Sounds like a hardware issue if your charger works on other phone and not on rog 3 then most likely your port is damaged

aarongarevalo
Star II
devicentextian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130183#Comment_130183

Sounds like a hardware issue if your charger works on other phone and not on rog 3 then most likely your port is damaged

View post
There is no problem on the ports I think because other brand chargers worked, but for a few minutes of charging only then it stopped, I noticed also that my phone didn't informed me on a lowbatt status which is kind of weird even below 20% of power remaining which is not a standard for a smartphone. This happened all of a sudden.