cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5z software development

dpstar7582
Rising Star II
@CH_ASUS
I bought zenfone 5z in oct 2018, got pie update in January 2019 as asus promised and now some reports suggests that Android Q will be excusive for 5z users first & we get new zenui 6 with that update in 2019 only but what about after 2019 will the software development for 5z gonna end in this year only?
Two major software updates in one year is awesome but will be there software development for 5z in 2020?
7 REPLIES 7

kaizu
Rising Star I
Not sure about the next Android version or zen ui 7.0 of what u are talking about
But yes will will receive security patches for 2 yrs from the date of lauch of this phone.(means 1 year more).
Now just hope for the getting Android Q and zenui 6.0 soon and that also bug free!!

Yachendra
Rising Star II

5z software developmentAsus has came with only Android Q beta program for Zenfone 5Z users and if anyone interested can update to it. Note that it runs with stock beta android in this device.
Asus is in plan to release ZenUI 6 with Android Q stable for this device and it will take some more time to get released. it is right, Android Q will be the major 2nd update as per their promise to this device and it will not the end as however, they are gonna release Monthly or Bi-Monthly updates(Security patches along with bug fix if any reported by users) for some while even after stable Q is released. So you can hope for updates for some period of time from Asus.
Further, if Asus think to release other major Android update post Q stable, it is all on their hands.

Koudmaker
Rising Star I
Every phone is getting 2 or 3 big updates so android 10 or 11 will be the last update of 5z and UI update are not part of the big updates because its a skin layer over the stock version. Mostly its only 2 big updates but i've you are lucky they make it to 3 updates.

kaizu
Rising Star I