System: Windows 10 PRO 10.0.19041
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV.308
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
Windows recently got this new update: ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.0.8.0, update that asks for restart every time I open my laptop.

Is there a way to fix this? So, If I shut down my laptop, and then I boot it up, I get that notification from the picture. If I restart as it says, then I doesn't show up, but it shows up again if I shut it down and boot it up.

17 REPLIES 17

Liviu
Rising Star II
I think that I've fixed it by rolling back to the prev version through Device manager console, and then restart and update it again manually, and not trought Windows updates.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Liviu,
So.... after you update the V2 driver, and also update ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.0.8.0 again,everything is fine now?
There is no installation order for this as I was informed of, I will report this as well.
Thank you.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello Liviu,

So.... after you update the V2 driver, and also update ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.0.8.0 again,everything is fine now?

There is no installation order for this as I was informed of, I will report this as well.

Thank you.

View post
Well, I thought that it fixed it, but it appeared again. So, I don't really know what is happening here. It's not something that can be reproduced easily. I thought that the issue was with ASUSTek Computer Inc., because the first time it happened was in the day i got an update for this driver. but after I rolled back on the prev version, the issue seemed to vanish after it appeared again. It happens when the laptop stays closed - off for extended period of time, like half a day, and then it is turned on. But if I stop it, and start in again in between few minutes/hours, most of the time I don't get the issue. So, I'm lost with this one. I wish I could give more details, but it's a weird behavior.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Liviu,
Thank you for the update.
I have consulted more about this issue form our technical support.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Liviu,
May you uninstall this  ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.0.8.0 from device manager
and then reinstall ASUS System control interface V2 driver V2.2.31.0?
Thank you.