aau_99
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZC520TL
Firmware Version:US_14.14.1808
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: NON
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My 2 years old Zenfone 3 Max running out of storage space (80% used) which causing the phone would not perform properly with notification on some common Apps like Gmail, Wechat and lately even Whatsapp...etc.
I am wondering whether installing a SD Card can solve this problem, I know starting Android 6 some phone can use the SD card as "extension" of the on-board storage that can install Apps on it.
Anyone knows for sure? Any help will be much appreciated!
-AL

12 REPLIES 12

aau_99
Star I
Hi Christine_ASUS,
I ran into a problem when I try to backup my phone:-
I deleted a old (few days old) backup file from my Google Drive, so I thought I could create a new and fresh backup file that I could use when I do the factory reset in the process of upgrading above mentioned Firmware upgrade,
When I go to Settings -> Backup & reset -> Backup account -> Choose backup -> nothing happened (Fig 1)
When I go to Google Drive App -> Backups -> it indicated that my device is not backed up (Fig 2) the WhatsApp data backed up all right.

Could you please guide me how to get (manual) backup to work again? in case you like to know :- ZenUI ver.4.5.1.30
Many thanks again !

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi aau_99
For Android 7 backup guide, kindly refer to the link below
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036182/
Besides,
1. Please ensure that the device is under stable WiFi during the backup process.
2. Kindly try add/change another google account
3. It will take a while for the backup process, please check your google account one day after

aau_99
Star I
Hi Christine_ASUS,
I've read and done all those mentioned in the guide yesterday, unfortunately, I still do not see a backup file in my Google Drive, do you have any other suggestion to do manually device backup as all other Google services like contacts, Calendar, Gmail.... were able to sync except that the device setting (most importantly wifi password) is missing out.
Thanks and await for your reply.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi aau_99
May you provide me a video of your backup process for further checking?

aau_99
Star I
Hi Christine,
Sorry but its kind of cumbersome for me to take a video to show you the backup process...let me describe how that process did not work.
Ever since I got this phone, I never done a system backup cause I did not need to do a factory reset, so I do not know how Google auto backup process work in the background, all I know that there were a file in my (same account) Google Drive Backup folder alongside with WhatsApp backup file.
As explained in my last post, I deleted that file from Google Drive I thought it will automatically re-create one when I do BACKUP & RESET.
Here are steps I toke when I try to do BACKUP & RESET:-
Go to SETTINGS ->
Scroll down to BACKUP & RESET ->
Tap on BACKUP & RESET ->
It shows Fig 1 screen ->
Tap on BACKUP ACCOUNT ->
A pop up screen asked to choose backup account
Tap on that account, it goes back to Fig 1 screen....nothing happened
I immediately go to Google Drive Apps (in my phone)
Tap on BACKUPS
It shows Fig 2
That is all I did, as far as WhatsApp Backup, it's very straight forward:-
Go to WhatsApp SETTINGS
Scroll down to and tap on CHAT BACKUP
Tap on BACK UP
It immediately created a backup file in my Google Drive Backup folder
I hope this will help you investigate, after almost 26 hours since I (did) the backup, the file still not been created in Google Drive.
If you have a test unit in your lab, please try delete the backup file in Google Drive and see whether it will create a new one and how long it will take for that to happen.
I am patiently waiting for your positive reply with big thanks !
-AL
PS - Please refer Fig 1 & 2 to my following post, for some reason I can not upload images (only 38KB and 708KB) in this post. Sorry!