HendSome
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 2
Firmware Version: CN_17.0240.2009.51
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: a lot
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

Hi all,
I just recently updated to CN_2009.51. Ever since I updated my ROG 2, the Auto-Sync keep reactivates on its own. I've been turning the Auto-Sync off all the time to conserve the battery life.
I haven't found the pattern or cause of it to keep turning on. Noticed it everytime when I pull down the notification bar. Went to setting -Account/sync- Auto sync data-Off, and it still happens.
Is there anything I can do?
Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

HendSome
Star III
Anders_ASUS

Sounds like you may have an app that can access and turn on/off auto sync. Do you have any app like "tasker", another launcher maybe, or any app that could have such access?

View post
Hi Anders! Thanks for replying.
I'm using Tencent Version ROG 2, somehow I'm not allowed to used launcher other than the one come with ROG it self🤔 tried several but can never set them as my default. Did some research and gave up after I found out that I need a PC to change the launcher in Tencent ROG 2.
I'm not a tech-person, so basically I just install all my apps thru Google play or Asus App Store. I don't remember installed any tasker app.
This issue didn't happen until recent update. I just installed some games after. 51 so I'm pretty sure it happens after. 51

Thanks

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
HendSome

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129429#Comment_129429

Hi Anders! Thanks for replying.

I'm using Tencent Version ROG 2, somehow I'm not allowed to used launcher other than the one come with ROG it self🤔 tried several but can never set them as my default. Did some research and gave up after I found out that I need a PC to change the launcher in Tencent ROG 2.

I'm not a tech-person, so basically I just install all my apps thru Google play or Asus App Store. I don't remember installed any tasker app.

This issue didn't happen until recent update. I just installed some games after. 51 so I'm pretty sure it happens after. 51

Thanks

View post
Oh, I don't know. CN Rom is different form WW. Might even be normal behavior for all that I know. But why do you want to turn it off to conserve battery? If you want to conserve battery, then you change battery mode. There are lots of other stuff you can do that saves more power than turning auto sync off.