This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New ROG 3 came with a battery with no charge

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I just got my brand new ROG 3 strix edition and I am a bit concerned. First thing I noticed is that it had no protective film on the screen and the battery was totally dead so much so that it would not fire up until I had it on its charger for 5 minutes or so. Is this normal. I have had tons of New phones before and this is the first one that came like this. I am wondering if this particular phone has been sold to someone else and returned??????????
39 REPLIES 39

Roystoys
Zen Master III
NikX

Dont you got a sealed pack mate?

View post
No it wasn't sealed, it really doesn't look like it's been used before . I have had other New phones that weren't sealed in celafane but like this one it came from OS so I figured They open the box to put in an Australian plug

Roystoys
Zen Master III
NikX

My rog 3 is heating even on slow charging mode. Any solution would be appreciated.

View post
So far I have been using it non stop for about 9 and a half hours ( not gaming just mucking around with it) and the battery has only used 25% and it's still cool to touch so I think I am just being a worry wart . For $1000 investment though I don't think anyone can blame me ( except my wife of course) it is a beast of a phone though very fast indeed

devicentextian
Rising Star II
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129482#Comment_129482

So far I have been using it non stop for about 9 and a half hours ( not gaming just mucking around with it) and the battery has only used 25% and it's still cool to touch so I think I am just being a worry wart . For $1000 investment though I don't think anyone can blame me ( except my wife of course) it is a beast of a phone though very fast indeed

View post
so I will assumed that you got the Tencent version right? maybe that's why they opened it and forgot to shut it down XD

devicentextian
Rising Star II
NikX

My rog 3 is heating even on slow charging mode. Any solution would be appreciated.

View post
Did you updated it to the newest version, mine is not hot even with hypercharge on

Roystoys
Zen Master III
devicentextian

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/129488#Comment_129488

so I will assumed that you got the Tencent version right? maybe that's why they opened it and forgot to shut it down XD

View post
No I didn't get the ten cent version I was careful not to get the ten cent one I can't really remember why now but when I was researching it there was something I didn't like about it