This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus A15 FA566IH USB - 3x ports doesnt detect Mobile connection through USB cable.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
System: Asus A15
Battery or AC: both
Model: FA566IH.311
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Not needed
========================
Detailed description:The issue is, the USB 2 x 3.2 ports(the other 1 x 2.0 USB port works just fine) doesn't detect mobile connection through a USB cable for data transfer and tethering but other functionalities are working like Pendrive detection and good speed with that.

The touchpad suddenly stops working/behaves too slow or doesn't respond for a few seconds and corrects itself later on. Doesn't depend on which application I'm using.

Also, there is a degree of flex on the display while closing and opening the LID around the lower edges of the screen.
This issue is not limited to my device almost everyone on the current BIOS are facing this issue and there's a seperate thread on Reddit but no one from Asus have said anything about that...
Do others in this BIOS version too have the same issue or is it just me?

Thank you in advance!
18 REPLIES 18

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello GOKUL,
May I know if these issues only happen in BIOS311? or in BIOS309 as well?
1.USB issue: may I know what kind of external device you connect to? and only data transfer is not working?
transferring media data or non-media data?
2.touchpad issue: please kindly check if the touchpad driver has been updated.
officialsite3.display issue: may I have a picture or video of it?

and does all these issue happened in Safe mode?
Thank you.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
I dont remember exactly whether this all started before or after BIOS update but the USB port was working before but not now. Also, from different forums and Q&A sites, it seems that this might be a BIOS issue but not sure if thats the case with my device.

I have tried different android devices to connect through the usb port. I use the USB connection for Tethering and file transfer options. If you need a specific device name, It's Infinix hot 8 X650C.

For the touchpad issue, I have updated all the drivers even the windows is up to date to check whether that caused an issue for my device.

For the Dispaly issue, I contacted a friend of mine who is a technician, He said that the hinge will loosen over time so it's not a big issue for now...
The Touch pad issue is too annoying to leave it unnoticed even though it occurs for couple of seconds randomly and corrects itself, This ultimately causes so much irritation while scrolling and other things with the touchpad.

Yes, The issue is persistent in safe mode too.

GOKUL_KRISHNA
Star I
@Blake_ASUS , Any updates on this issue?
Also please say whether the system firmware is BIOS as in Device manager of Windows.
If at all this turns out to be a BIOS update related issue, Does rolling back the system firmware through Device manager>system firmware will rollback the BIOS to the previous version?
I haven't tried anything, since fideling with BIOS may brick my PC ig.

novalsofyan
Star II
I'm pretty sure this is bios 311 problem, my community friend from facebook have problem (USB 3.0 Port) with this bios too. Any update from asus?