aau_99
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZC520TL
Firmware Version:US_14.14.1808
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence: NON
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My 2 years old Zenfone 3 Max running out of storage space (80% used) which causing the phone would not perform properly with notification on some common Apps like Gmail, Wechat and lately even Whatsapp...etc.
I am wondering whether installing a SD Card can solve this problem, I know starting Android 6 some phone can use the SD card as "extension" of the on-board storage that can install Apps on it.
Anyone knows for sure? Any help will be much appreciated!
-AL

12 REPLIES 12

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi aau_99
Thank you for your asking. I just checked my device ZC520TL in Android 8 TW-15.03.1810.194, the device can use SDcard as internal storage. Your device is now in Android 7 US-14.14.1808, you may borrow a sd card and try first. If the sd card can not be used, you can upgrade your device to Android 8.
screenshot-20201102-113053.jpg

aau_99
Star I
Thank you for your reply, I did tried over the weekend, it does not work as Internal Storage. May I know how to upgrade to Android 8? last time I check this forum (some month ago😅) Asus only provide a un-supported version, it's still true?
-Thank again for your help🤝

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi aau_99 
I'm not sure which un-supported version you mentioned. May I double confirm weather your current firmware version is US-14.14.1808.121 or not? If it is, please backup your data and log out your google account. Then, download the firmware file US-15.14.1810.14 into the root directory, aka the outermost place, of internal storage from our official website. Reboot. Tap the system update notification. After the system update is complete, you may perform the Factory Reset to optimize the update process.
# ZenFone 3 Max (ZC520TL) firmware download spot
https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-3-Max-ZC520TL/HelpDesk_BIOS/
#Update Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1009748

aau_99
Star I
Thanks again, the firmware version is correct. Never mind about the un-supported version comment, it was posted in your old Zentalk forum.
I will take a look of the instruction and find the time to venture this task in next few days.
Have a great day !🙏